Unit 9. When was it invented ?. Middle School. 复习目标： 1. 掌握 Unit9 的 重点词组和句型 2. 灵活运用被动语态 by+ pp 结构 3. 了解一些发明物的发明史. 用来做 电灯泡 微波炉 错误的. be used for. light bulb. microwave oven. by mistake. by accident. 偶然意外 落入. fall into. in this way. knock into sb. 这样 撞上某人 发明某物 被 sb 发明
Download Policy: Content on the Website is provided to you AS IS for your information and personal use and may not be sold / licensed / shared on other websites without getting consent from its author.While downloading, if for some reason you are not able to download a presentation, the publisher may have deleted the file from their server.
When was it invented ?
be used for
knock into sb
be (was/were) invented by sb
the most helpful invention
be used for doing=be used to do sth
be used to doing sth
the use of sth
heated ice cream scoop
shoes with adjustable heels
shoes with high heels
do sth by mistake
make mistakes in sth
sprinkle salt on sth
an ancient Chinese legend
boil drinking water
one hundred years=one century
early in the 21st century
be made from
be made of
on a hard wooden floor
knock into sb
knock at the door
divide sth into
theaim of sth
a developping country
a developped country
the popularity of
in the 1891s
have a history class
a friend of mine
some partnersof mine
create a game
the safety of
It's heard that
It's said that
It's thought that
travel around China
a number of = a lot of
dream about /of doing sth
much-loved and active sport
a doctor called/named
be born in /on
the first basketball game in history
take park in
in the dark
change the style of sth
from casual to dressy
ina bad mood =be moody
over an open fire
1. ---Can the American student understand what the letter says?
---Sure. It _______in easy Chinese.
A. writes B. is written C. is writing D. wrote
2. ---Who was paper invented_______?
---A Chinese man named Cai Lun long ago.
A. by B. / C. for D. as
3. --- Do you mind _____ here?
--- It doesn’t matter to me. But the sign says, “ Smoking isn’t _____ here.”
A. smoking, allowed B. smoking, allowing
C. to smoke, allowed D. to smoke, allowing
4. A microwave oven is used _______ heating cold food.
A. by B. to C. for D. as
5. ---Can you fix this kind of machine here?
---I’m afraid not. Maybe it ______ in that shop on the other side of the street.
A. can be repaired B. repairs
C. can repair D. can fix
6. Something in China _______to stop the population from increasing in the past 20 years.
A.has been done B. has done
C. does D. is doing
7. --- Do you know when _______?
--- On August 8,2008. In about two hundred days.
A.will Beijing Olympic Games be held
B. Beijing Olympic Games will be held
C. will Beijing Olympic Games hold
D. will Beijing Olympic Games hold
8. Your homework must ________ before you leave school.
A. hand in B. finish C. do D. be handed in
9. ______the way, would you please tell me whether we can work out the problem_____ this way?
A. On, in B. By, by C. By, in D. In, on
10. --- Which coat do you want to buy, the blue one or the green one?
--- ______ of them. One for the son and the other for the daughter.
A. Both B. Every C. Neither D. Any
11. ---Do you know when _________?
---Over a century ago.
B. the telephone was discovered
C. was the telephone invented
D. the telephone was invented
12. ---How long have you _______this watch?
---More or less ten years, but it still works well.
A. bought B. got C. had D. borrowed
13. Chang'e-1 was _______ at 6:05 pm on Oct. 24 from Xichang in southwestern Sichuan
A. sent up B. sending up C. send up D. to send up
14. The number of the people who catch cancer _______ increasing in the area. A number of them ______ died.
A. are, have B. is, has C. are, has D. is, have
15. Tom _______ to stay at home until his homework _______.
A. asked, was finished
B. was asked, was finished
C. asked, finished
D. was asked, finished
16.She _______from the chair, ________ her voice and went on speaking.
A. rose, raised B. raised, rose
C. rose, rose D. raised, raised
17.This is a ________ machine and it didn’t take the farmers much time to finish the farm work.
A. helpless B. useless C. help D. helpful
18. ______is believed that China will be able to send man to the moon someday in the near future.
A. That B. It C. He D. This
19. After the war, only a few buildings ________ in the town.
A. left B. remained
C. were remained D. stand
20. My grandfather left his hometown in 1949. Ever since then, he ______ home.
A. has never returned B. never returned
C .never returns D. will never return
1. The food is cold. Why not h________ it before you eat it.
2. There are 100 years in a c__________.
3. The temperature remains b________ zero. It is still cold.
4. The sun r________ in the east and sets in the west.
5.The computer is a modern i__________ with its help we can do things better and faster.
6. Binoculars are used for _________(看) farther and clearly.
7. Many different characters are __________(创造，塑造) in the young writer’s novels.
8. Ningbo is _________(发展) into a modern and exciting worldwide seaport city
9. The _________(古代的) people never thought that man would travel to the moon.
10. Over10,000 cars were _________(生产，制造) in the factory last year.
11. Edison was a great _______. He _______ more than a thousand ________.(发明)
1. Keys are used _________ opening and closing the doors.
2. If you knock ________someone by accident, you should say sorry to him or her.
3. He took my book ________ mistake.
4. At one time ________ history, the island belonged to India.
5. The Beijing Olympics will be opened ________ August 8, 2008.
6. Shen Nong discovered tea when he was boiling drinking water _______ an open fire..
1. People enjoy basketball throughout the world.
=Basketball _______ ________ ________ people throughout the world.
2. A farmer discovered coffee while he was looking after sheep in the ancient times.
= Coffee _______ ________ ________ a farmer while looking after sheep in the ancient times.
3. We appreciate your help greatly.
= Your help _______ greatly ________.
4. We have thrown away the meat.
=The meat ________ ________ _________ away.
have been thrown
5. The teacher divided the class into four groups to discuss where to go on vocation.
= The class ________ _________ into four groups to discuss where to go on vocation.
6. The children used the money they raised to buy a big present for the teacher.
= The money they raised ________ _________ to buy a big present for the teacher.
7. They carry the apples to all parts of the country by truck or train.
= The apples ________ ________ to all parts of the country by truck or train.
8. They established the sports club two years ago. where to go on vocation.
=The sports club ________ ________ two years ago.
9. The Chinese invented the abacus in the sixth century.
= The abacus _________ _________ in the sixth century _______ the Chinese.
10. We must finish the task by the end of this month.
= The task _______ ________ _________ by the end of this month.
must be finished
Thanks a lot! where to go on vocation.