Loading in 2 Seconds...
Loading in 2 Seconds...
Persidangan Pengurusan Pendidikan Persatuan Pengetua Sekolah Menengah Sarawak Ke 40. The voice of Leadership: How Leaders Inspire influence and Achieve Results Dr . Antony Hii 24 June 2014. Speaker Dr. Antony Hii , an active educator and professional HRD consultant and Trainer .
The voice of Leadership: How Leaders Inspire influence and Achieve Results
Dr. Antony Hii
24 June 2014
Dr. Antony Hii , an active educator and professional HRD consultant and Trainer .
The Transformation of Managers and Associates
Studied by Ken Blanchard (2003 -2006)on 2004 respondents
1. Communication/listening 43%
2. Effective management skills 17%
3. Emotional intelligence and empathy 15%
4. Values and integrity 8%
5. Vision 6%
6. Empowerment 6%
or listening 41%
2. Under- or oversupervising, direction, or delegation 27%
3. Lack of management skills 14%
4. Lack of support/inappropriate support 12%
5. Lack of accountability 5%
3. Failing to use a leadership style (oversupervisingor undersupervising) 76%
4. Failing to set clear goals and objectives 76%
5. Failing to train and develop their people 59%
Transformation Leadership Styles
Dr. Antony Hii, April 2014
1. Communication, Charismatic Skills
2. Influencing, Inspiring Skills
-we did not get everything right as the country had been focusing on finding the aircraft and
-did not prioritise communications in the first few days after the aircraft was found missing
What goes wrong?
(Role 1: Leader as Infrastructure Builder)
(Role 2: Leader as Strategist)
(Role 3: Leader as Communicator)
Role 2: As communication strategy, the leader should:
- only a fraction of the communication equation.
The leader must know and understand his or her audiences and their information needs.
Power of InfluencingNielson Trust in Advertisement Report1.Recommendation from people I know 84%2. Branded Websites 69%3. Consumer opinions posted online 68%4. Editorial Content eg. newspaper articles 67%5. Ads on TV 61%6. Ads on Newspaper 61%7. Billboards and other outdoor advertising 57%
Coach: Phil Jackson
“Influence Without Authority. IWA”
(Allan Cohen + David Bradford , 2005 )
Our ‘business’ of education requires that we are all ‘people’ people.
Each and every day we are developing, maintaining, and enriching relationships with people.
Building relationships with peers, parents, students, teachers, maintenance staff, clerical staff, and administrators are a part of every day business for us, as a responsible educators.
Q & A