新高三暑假英语(4) ---北京四中 方芳
教学内容 I. 趣味英语: 看广告，学英语 II. 高考重点词语讲解2 III. 测试 IV. 美文欣赏
Advertising is the modern substitute for argument; its function is to make the worse appear the better.
Fresh-up with Seven-up. Enjoy Coca-Cola. Generation Next. Obey your thirst．Nestle: The taste is great．Heineken: as natural as rain
Omega: the sign of excellence Swatch: Time is what you make of it Make yourself heard. Connecting People. Communication unlimited. (Ericsson) (Nokia) (Motorola)
Start Ahead. Behind that healthy smile, there ’s a Crest kid. No business too small, Let us make no problem too big.things better. Engineered to move the human spirit. (Mercedes-Benz) Poetry in motion, dancing close to me． Toyota 丰田
广告名称的杜撰 加后缀 Timex（天美时手表）=time+excellent Windex (擦窗清洁剂)= window+excellent Purex (一种漂白剂)= pure+excellent Rolex watch(劳力士手表)= rolling+excellent
巧用语音规则或故意错拼将某些词写成新的拼写方式巧用语音规则或故意错拼将某些词写成新的拼写方式 Sunkist（销售橙子的公司）=sun + kiss Kraft (美国卡夫食品公司)= craft(精心制作) Britewhite (专业洗牙中心):brite的正确拼写为bright。 Klim(牛奶公司)来自于milk Eggsactly(销售鸡蛋的公司)= egg+exactly
II. 高考重点词语讲解2 22.but no one but me；all but= nearly; not…but…; but for要不是 have no other choice but to do；do nothing but do But for the safety-belt I wouldn't be alive today. I have all but finished my homework. 23. call The situation calls for prompt action I'm going to call on one of my former classmates I shall call at his home tomorrow She can still call up scenes of childhood The meeting was called off. 24. care n. medical ~; with ~; free from ~, take ~ of v. ~ about关心，介意; ~ for喜欢，照顾; I don’t ~. He doesn't care for fish. Don't you care about this country's future?
25. case In case of fire, ring the alarm bell. In your case, we are prepared to be lenient. She thought she was hurt but it wasn't the case. 26. catch The teacher caught him sleeping in class. We were caught in the rain on the way home. I don't catch your meaning. Her dress caught on a nail. We're just in time to catch the train. It's noisy and I can't catch a word. 27. chance take a chance =take chances 冒险 There is no chance of rain. There’s a chance that… by any chance 万一，by chance偶然地
28. change Can I change pounds into dollars? I want to change this shirt for a larger one. n. for a change The situation is now so bad that any change is likely to be a change for the better. 29. charge v. ~ sb $ for sth. As long as you've paid in advance we won't charge you for delivery. n. free of ~免费, in ~ of 负责…, in the ~ of 由…负责, take ~ of 担任，接管 I am in charge of the work./ The work is in the charge of me. 30. collect ~ stamps,~ taxes, ~ money, ~ one’s thought, ~ tickets; ~ the children I tried to collect my thoughts but I was too excited. We are collecting money for the famine victim. This department collects information on political extremists.
31. compare 1. Life is poetically compared to the morning dew. 2. I compared the copy with the original, but there was not much difference 3. In comparison with other students, Mike is more diligent. 32. condition be in good / bad ~; the present conditions,on no ~; 决不 on ~ that…在…条件下 I don't care about the price, so long as the car is in good condition I'll come on condition that John is invited too. 33. content a table of ~s 目录; ~ of the book, adj. be ~ with / be ~ to do sth. He is quite content with his present fortune.
Take a rest! The Doctor Knows Better A man was hit by a cab in the street. He was brought to the hospital. His wife who was standing up by his bed, said to the doctor: "I think that he is very ill." "I am afraid that he is dead.“ said the doctor. Hearing this, the man moved his head and said: "I'm not dead. I'm still alive." "Be quiet, "said the wife. "the doctor knows better than you!"
34. control v./n. beyond ~/out of ~/ under ~, take/lose ~ of, ~ one’s anger The car went out of control and crashed The government has imposed strict controls over the import of luxury goods. 35. count We are a party of eleven, ~ing the teacher. I ~ myself lucky to be with you. I count on your help. 36. cover He tried to cover his mistakes. How far can we ~ a day? Will 100 ~ the bill? His report ~s all aspects of the problem.
37. cut n. a bad ~; a short ~; v. ~ our expenses/ prices ~ down; ~ up; ~ off I cut up the meat for cooking meat ball. A storm cut off power to the whole region. 38. day all day long; day after day, day and night, from day to day; in those/the old days, every other day Day after day, the scientists worked hard in the laboratory. 39. deal v./n. how to ~ with; a good/great deal of; It is a ~. How would you deal with an armed burglar? It means a great deal to her.
40. delay What ~ed you so long yesterday? We must ~ our departure until the weather improves. ~ doing v. without ~ n. Please see into this matter without delay. 41. demand ~ sth.; ~ to do sth.; ~ that sb. should do be in great ~ ; meet/satisfy one’s ~s demanding adj. 过分要求的,苛求的 Good secretaries are always in demand. Teaching is a demanding profession. 42. depend ~ on: We are depending on you to finish the paper by Friday. It depends. independent adj. independence n. dependable adj.
43. devote ~ oneself to doing; a ~d friend 忠实的朋友 He devoted himself entirely to music. devotion to…:His devotion to music is plain to see. 44. die die of hunger; die from overwork; die for渴望; die out 灭绝,消失; die down (火,暴风雪,光线)渐弱, 声音变小 Many old customs are dying out. The fire is dying down. 45. discover ~ sth.; ~y; ~er She discovered the joy of writing. 与find, find out, invent的区别。
III.测试 1.Surely it doesn’t matter where the student associations get their money from; what is what they do with it. A. counts B. applies C. stresses D. functions 2. With the help of high technology, more and more new substances ______ in the past years. A. discovered B. have discovered C. had been discovered D. have been discovered 3. I smell something _______ in the kitchen. Can I call you back in a minute? A. burning B. burnt C. being burnt D. to be burnt 4. It isn't socially______ for parents to leave children unattended at that age. A．accessible B．adorable C．adaptable D．acceptable 5. As I grew up in a small town at the foot of a mountain, the visit to the village ______scenes of my childhood. A. called up B. called for C. called on D. called in
IV. 美文欣赏 An empty box Once upon a time, a man punished his 5-year-old daughter for using up the family's only roll of expensive gold wrapping paper. Money was tight, and he became even more upset when on Christmas Eve, he saw that the child had pasted the gold paper so as to decorate a shoebox to put under the Christmas tree. Nevertheless, the next morning the little girl, filled with excitement, brought the gift box to her father and said, "This is for you, Daddy!" As he opened the box, the father was embarrassed by his earlier overreaction. But when he opened it, he found it was empty and again his anger flared. "Don't you know, young lady, " he said harshly, "when you give someone a present there's supposed to be something inside the package!" The little girl looked up at him with tears rolling from her eyes and said: "Daddy, it's not empty. I blew kisses into it until it was all full." The father was crushed. He fell on his knees and put his arms around his precious little girl. He begged her to forgive him for his unnecessary anger. An accident took the life of the child only a short time later. It is told that the father kept that little gold box by his bed for all the years of his life. Whenever he was discouraged or faced difficult problems he would open the box, take out an imaginary kiss, and remember the love of this beautiful child who had put it there. In a very real sense, each of us as human beings have been given an invisible golden box filled with unconditional love and kisses from our children, family, friends and God. There is no more precious possession anyone could hold.
网上答题 6. ---Will $200 ____ the cost of the damage? --- I’m afraid not. I need at least $100 more.A. do B. include C. cover D. afford 7. The manager needs an assistant that he can ______to take care of problems in his absence. A. count on B. count in C. count up D. count out 8. The good thing about children is that they very easily to new environments. A. adapt B. appeal C. attach D. apply
KEY 1-5 ADADA 6-8？？？
That’s all for today,and see you next time!