PRISM (Federal Review)
- Grantee/Delegates use analysis of data for program planning.
- Staff can articulate processes/systems established to support Outcomes.
- Training provided on PRISM.
- Staff are aware of PRISM CORE question 18 regarding full implementation of Outcomes mandate.
STANISLAUS COUNTY OFFICE OF EDUCATION/ CENTRAL CALIFORNIA MIGRANT HEAD STARTCHILD OUTCOMES SYSTEM
- Classroom Environment
- Curriculum materials purchased to assist teachers with providing element/indicator choices to support current needs of children.
- Literacy, Math, Science training provided in small and large groups to assist teachers with understanding implementation requirements.
- T.A. with enhancing “Interest Areas” including providing Math/Literacy throughout classroom and skill based Activity Planning.
- Program Design and Planning
- Establish long and short term program goals and objectives based on Outcomes (Grantee/Delegates)
- Grantee/Delegate Strategic Plan includes Outcomes.
- Develop systems to support analysis of data and planning process.
- Provide TA to Delegates to ensure systems are in place.
- Governing Body/Policy Groups are given an overview of Outcome Data Reports and assist with long or short term planning process.
- Curriculum Design
- Ensure Creative Curriculum is fully implemented at each delegate site to include 8 Domains.
- Assessment data and SELPA/LEA written IEP goals are incorporated into overall curriculum.
- Ongoing staff training/ support (mentor teachers, etc) provided by Delegate and Grantee staff to enhance curriculum practices.
*Child Outcomes data analysis integrated into overall program plans.
*Self assessment system includes Outcomes Analysis at Delegates and Grantee directly operated sites.
*Information is used for development and evaluation/revision of written plans.
- Teacher Roles
- Teachers frequently review child assessment data and IEP goals to support individualization and progress within 8 Domains by building on the current skill levels of children.
- Activity plans reflect individual as well as group needs and interests of the children.
- Work in collaboration with each child’s parent to establish goals and strengths.
- Timely referrals to determine additional resources to support special needs.
Documentation/Data Collection of Child Outcomes
*Grantee/Delegates use analysis of data for program planning to enhance or improve individualization for preschool aged children. (i.e. samples of work, observations)
*Utilize system to record, report and track delegates assessment information at the beginning, middle and end of program year.
* Enhance Grantee planning system for data reports from Delegates. Review disaggregate data reports to support data inquiries.
*Ensure system established for data analysis and use at delegate and grantee level is effective (i.e. “progress report”).
*Document data usage for written plans (training, resources, Self Assessment, Program Goals and Objectives).
- Parent’s Roles
- *Parents are provided opportunities to enhance skills/knowledge in child development, curriculum, child assessment and parenting skills.
- *Grantee/Delegate transition plans include providing parents with information on how Outcomes support school readiness.
- *Parent Committee and Policy Council/ Committee meetings provide training on Outcomes implementation/school readiness.
- Parents establish learning goals for their child in conjunction with the teacher.
- Parents provide home activities to support individual needs of their child.
- All levels of PC meetings (Grantee/ Delegate) are provided data reports on progress related to Outcomes and subsequent plans.
On-Going Monitoring/Technical Assistance
*Delegate and Grantee staff monitor classrooms to review established data systems, provide T/A to ensure individual needs are addressed, and maintain program quality accountability.
*Training or resource needs are documented and a subsequent plan is created (Delegate & Grantee).
- Community Partnership
- HAC committees are given an overview of Outcomes.
- *Transition plans include providing 0-6 Early Intervention Programs, Child Care Agencies and Elementary schools with Outcomes information/school readiness.
- *Identify additional community resources to support implementation/data collection.
- Training Plan
- Outcomes Awareness training provided to new staff at Delegate level to ensure understanding of all the domains/elements/indicators.
- *Training provided on Creative Curriculum practices as well as data collection and utilization of data.
- *Ongoing technical assistance to ensure processes/systems are implemented.
Staff\Programs\CCMHS\Outcome Initiative Committee\SCOE CHILD OUTCOMES INITIATIVE