Loading in 2 Seconds...
Loading in 2 Seconds...
State of Florida Post-Disaster Redevelopment Plan Initiative. Hank Erikson CSA International, Inc. 8502 SW Kansas Avenue Jupiter, FL 34997 (850) 445-6831 [email protected] Presentation Topics.
Download Policy: Content on the Website is provided to you AS IS for your information and personal use and may not be sold / licensed / shared on other websites without getting consent from its author.While downloading, if for some reason you are not able to download a presentation, the publisher may have deleted the file from their server.
Florida has 5 major plans that involve mitigation (risk reduction) and/or land use.
Vulnerability and Risk Analysis
The Post-Disaster Redevelopment Plan is the only plan suited for the
Integration of elements from each of the other plans
Post-Disaster Redevelopment Plan Initiative
Develop PDRP Standards & Planning Process
Conduct Demonstration Projects
Launch Competitive Grant Program
Form “PRDP Focus Group”
Hold Focus Group Meetings for input of best practices
Review Literature on PDRPs
Compile / Evaluate Existing Community PDRPs
Prepare Draft PDRP Guidelines
Include “standards” & “suggested planning processes” to serve as guide for local PDRPs
Select Pilot Communities
- Sandy Meyer, Project Mgr, Division of Community Planning, DCA- Cindy Palmer, Division of Emergency Management Preparedness/Mitigation - Roy Dunn, Division of Emergency Management, Housing/Recovery- Jim Quinn/Robin Branda, Department of Environmental Protection, Coastal Management
- Mary Helen Blakeslee, Office of Tourism, Trade and Economic Development- Heidi Recksiek, National Oceanic and Atmospheric Administration
- Gabriela Vigo, Federal Emergency Management Agency, Region IV Mitigation
- Dr. Bob Deyle, Florida State University, Department of Urban and Regional Planning- Dr. Ann-Margaret Esnard, Florida Atlantic University - Gene Henry, Hillsborough County Government- John Wilson, Lee County, Florida Emergency Management Preparedness Association- Butch Truesdale, Palm Beach County Government- Pat Blackshear, Walton County Government
- Betti Johnson, Tampa Bay Regional Planning Council
- Joan LeBeau/Mitchell Austin, City of Punta Gorda, Land Use Planning/Urban Design
- Alex Magee, Florida Chapter, American Planning Association - Howard Glassman, Metropolitan Planning Organization Advisory Council on Transportation and Infrastructure- Eric Poole, Florida Association of Counties - Carol Westmoreland, Florida League of Cities
PDRP designed to be a single, stand-alone guide to aid decision makers during the disaster recovery period.
Land Use Planning Strategies and Best Development Practices for Minimizing Vulnerability to Flooding and Coastal Storms
APA Planning Advisory Service Report Number 483/484