Using Ozi Explorer to Plan your campout walk. Step by step guide to using Ozi Explorer to plan a walk, load a GPS with waypoints and print your map. 1. Open the program- Ozi Explorer. 2. From the opening screen hit the load button --then open recent maps --then qld Mosaic south.map.
Download Policy: Content on the Website is provided to you AS IS for your information and personal use and may not be sold / licensed / shared on other websites without getting consent from its author.While downloading, if for some reason you are not able to download a presentation, the publisher may have deleted the file from their server.
Step by step guide to using Ozi Explorer to plan a walk, load a GPS with waypoints and print your map
1. Open the program- Ozi Explorer
3. Click on where you think you are
This is a mosaic of all the 1:25,000 maps of southern Queensland
5. Zoom in/ out
7. Enter waypoints
Distance and bearings between waypoints 1 & 2
9. Now enter this data into your (paper) route plan (next slide)
South along road
These lines are 10metre contours so from wpt 1 to wpt 2 you go down (towards water) 40m and up 15m
12. Plug your GPS into the lead that connects it to the computer and switch on the GPS- now use the Garmin control to get the Waypoints from the computer into the GPS
15. Adjust scale
16. Selection tool
17. Use cursor to select map boundary
18. Get correct orientation
19. Preview (next slide)
Enjoy your walk!