Get Started On Your Project! STUDENT TUTORIAL
Get Started On Your Project! STUDENT TUTORIAL Here we go!
• List 3 ideas I have for an invention • or problems I would like to solve.
Why? • Which would be the best problem to try to solve?
• What is the purpose of your • invention or product? What will it do?
• What skills or knowledge • will you need to produce • your product or invention?
• Who could help you learn more about this or help you learn the skills you • will need? Where will you do your work?
• Are there local people or a • business you could visit to learn more about inventing? List as many as you can think of.
• What resources will you need to locate to help you complete this project and your research report?
• Are there other patents that already exist that are related or similar to your invention or product? What are they?
• Where will you find the materials and resources you need to complete the project?
• Will you need adult supervision to complete some parts? Who will be able to do this for you?
• How can you be cost effective or reuse existing materials to be • “Earth Friendly”?
• What type of “Inventor’s Log” • or “Journal” will you use to keep • a record of everything you do?
• Who could proofread your material to make sure your spelling is accurate and your sentences are complete and easily understood?
• What group(s) of people would you survey to find out if your invention or product would be something they • might want to purchase or use?
• Will you be able to take pictures of the steps in completing your project?
• Are you willing to work hard • enough to make a project that • you will be proud to display • at the Education Day?
• Will you have enough time to complete • your project so you can showcase it at a • Marketplace for Kids Education Day?
NEED HELP? • Call: • 1-855-434-KIDS (5437) (Toll Free) • Ask for Marilyn! See you soon!