Cluster A Personality Disorders . By: Madison Richard, Faye Laufketter, Curtis Rother, Ralph Raskas, Rada Lowery. Cluster A Classification.
Download Policy: Content on the Website is provided to you AS IS for your information and personal use and may not be sold / licensed / shared on other websites without getting consent from its author.While downloading, if for some reason you are not able to download a presentation, the publisher may have deleted the file from their server.
By: Madison Richard, Faye Laufketter, Curtis Rother, Ralph Raskas, Rada Lowery
People with Cluster A personality disorders tend to have difficulty relating to others and usually show patterns of behaviour most people would regard as odd and eccentric accompanied many times by delusional thinking.
* Constant distrust and suspicion of everything and everyone, sees everyone as a potential enemy through distorted and irrational thinking patterns
* Suspicion and distrust leads to anxiety
* Put a lot of effort into protecting themselves and keeping their distance
* Look for conspiracy in meaningless or innocuous comments
* Unlikely to confide in others, fear even their closest friends or family will use personal information against them
* Assumption that others are out to harm or humiliate them
* Pathological jealousy, holding grudges
Example: James Tilly Matthews, British tea merchant in the 1700’s who believed in “air looms” (mind control devices used by the government’s enemies)
Believed that she was possessed by the spirit of an 82 year old women and that her mother was in a cat. Also claims to hear voices in her head and tendency to know what the other friends are doing. Dresses pretty eccentrically as well. Always seemed like the least connected out of all of the friends.
Odd beliefs and magical thinking that influence his behavior (“I am the maker of music, the dreamer of dreams”). He uses made up words and phrases and is paranoid therefore he stays isolated. No concern, fear, awareness shown by kids being lost in his factory. Avoids interactions with people their own age, interacts only with children.