Community Psychiatric Rehabilitation. Presented by Susan Blume, M.Ed. Certification Coordinator Department of Mental Health Division of Comprehensive Psychiatric Services . The goal of today’s presentation is to answer questions such as:.
Download Policy: Content on the Website is provided to you AS IS for your information and personal use and may not be sold / licensed / shared on other websites without getting consent from its author.While downloading, if for some reason you are not able to download a presentation, the publisher may have deleted the file from their server.
Presented by Susan Blume, M.Ed.
Department of Mental Health
Division of Comprehensive Psychiatric Services
The goals of crisis service are to:
Medication administration services provide for:
CPR personnel often consult with human service and other government agencies as well as natural and professional supports
The goals of consultation services are to:
Services focus on development of behaviors and abilities that allow the person to:
Some agencies may include pre-vocational services as part of PSR. These services are designed to assist a person in preparing for employment, including:
The CPR program is based on the following ten specific principles and values:
2. To the extent possible, community integration, inclusion, recovery and self-determination shall be goals for service delivery.
3. Outreach, engagement and ease of service access are essential characteristics of successful programs serving adults with serious mental illness and children with serious emotional disturbance.
4. Continuity and coordination of care are essential to the delivery of quality mental health services.
5. Services shall be available in varying levels of intensity based on the individual’s need.
6. An interdisciplinary and interagency team approach to service delivery is a model which best assures the quality and continuity of care.
7. Services and programs shall be responsive to the needs of those it serves and sensitive to the individual’s community, ethnic and cultural context.
8. Natural supports existing within the community shall be utilized whenever possible.
9. The focus of the CPR program is on the strengths of the individual.
10. Services are community-based.
Key service functions in brokering a range of services to individuals include
1. Social role functioning/family life – the ability to sustain functionally the role of worker, student, homemaker, family member or a combination of these.
For children, consider their play and leisure activities, ability to establish or maintain satisfactory relationships with peers and adults, capacity to live in a family or the equivalent of a family, learning ability, self expression or ability to communicate effectively with others, and their ability to function in school.
2. Daily living skills/self-care skills – the ability to engage in personal care (grooming, personal hygiene, etc.) and community living (handling individual finances, using community resources, performing household chores, interacting with peers, etc.), learning ability/self-direction and activities appropriate to the individual’s age and social role development.
A physician, advanced practice nurse, or licensed psychologist shall certify a primary diagnosis of any of the following, which may coexist with other psychiatric or medical diagnoses:
is evidenced by one or more of the following occurrences: