We've learned that atoms can be close together or far apart. Scientists have a word that tells us how close together something's atoms are. Density means how closely packed together something's atoms are. If something is very dense that means its atoms are very close together.
Download Policy: Content on the Website is provided to you AS IS for your information and personal use and may not be sold / licensed / shared on other websites without getting consent from its author.While downloading, if for some reason you are not able to download a presentation, the publisher may have deleted the file from their server.
Scientists have a word that tells us how close together something's atoms are
If something is arevery dense that means its atoms are very close together
If something is arenot very dense this means its atoms are far apart
1) What does density mean?
2) If something is not dense, how far apart are its atoms?
3) If something is very dense, how far apart are its atoms?
Solids are most dense, liquids are medium dense, and gases are the least dense
1) Order the words: liquid, gas, solid from most dense to least dense
You can tell which object is more dense by how far it sinks in water.
Let's practice.... densities.
1) Which object is most dense?
2) Which object is least dense?
The atoms that make metal are heavier than the atoms that make plastics
14. You put 2 objects in the water. Object number 1 floats on the top of the water and object number 2 sinks to the bottom. Which object is more dense?