TOK Year One @ a Glance . Aims. develop a fascination with the richness of knowledge as a human endeavour , and an understanding of the empowerment that follows from reflecting upon it
1. Analyze critically knowledge claims, their underlying assumptions and their implications
2. generate questions, explanations, conjectures, hypotheses, alternative ideas and possible solution in response to knowledge issues concerning areas of knowledge, ways of knowing and students’ own experience as learners
3. demonstrate an understanding of different perspectives on knowledge issues
4. draw links and make effective comparisons between different approaches to knowledge issues that derive from areas of knowledge, ways of knowing, theoretical positions and cultural values
5. demonstrate an ability to give a personal, self-aware response to a knowledge issue
6. formulate and communicate ideas clearly with due regard for accuracy and academic honesty.