History of Abacus. By: Huy Do & Trinh Huynh. Outline. History of abacus Abacus lingo Why use abacus How to add How to subtract How to multiply How to divide. History of Abacus. Abacus ? (personal calculator) - a device used for “+”, “-”, “x”, “/”
Download Policy: Content on the Website is provided to you AS IS for your information and personal use and may not be sold / licensed / shared on other websites without getting consent from its author.While downloading, if for some reason you are not able to download a presentation, the publisher may have deleted the file from their server.
By: Huy Do & Trinh Huynh
- a device used for “+”, “-”, “x”, “/”
- does not require the use of pen & paper and good for any base number system
- derives from the Greek word ABAX – table or board covered with dust
- appeared in China between the 12th and 13th century AD.
- how each digit relates to the others and use that knowledge to do all the major operations - +,*,/