GRAPEVINE HIGH SCHOOL . Theatre Arts Course Expectations Mrs. Nalepa. Course Objective.
*Adequate notice will be given.
Daily Grades will consist of:
Major Grades will consist of:
** PARTICIPATION **
is the key to success in Theatre Arts.
This class is based primarily on participation/performance
You will be required to present and perform on a very regular basis.
Daily Grades 25%
Major Grades 50%
** If you have an issue with a grade, please keep your rubric and see me immediately.
** Not using class time wisely WILL result in a LOWER grade.
1. The Director’s Word is Law.
Follow directions first time given.
2. Don’t miss your cue and bring your props.
Come to class on time with all supplies.
3. Memorize lines by deadline.
Have all work completed by due date.
4. Always use proper audience etiquette.
Use appropriate classroom communication.
5. No upstaging allowed!
Respect others and their property.
No horseplay or personal grooming in class.
1. Meeting with director.
Verbal or non-verbal warning; after class discussion.
2. Call to agent
3. Contract Review
After school detention
4. Meeting with producer.
1. Be Respectful to Others:This is a performance based class. The classroom needs to be a welcoming environment. Audience etiquette is a must!
2. Stay on Task: A major part of your grade will be how you use your time during class. Make sure you work hard each day.
3. Be Prepared: Make sure you are ready to perform on the assigned day.
4. “No Go” Areas:You may not go behind my desk, get on my computer, GO INTO THE THEATRE (Unless I am with you), OR INTO THE SAC. You will be very unhappy if you break this rule.
5. No Food or Drinks: It leaves a mess and you don’t pick it up! Water only. Sorry…
6. Tardies: Don’t be late!!
1st – 4thtardies: warning
5th & 6thtardies: lunch d-hall (assigned by asst. principal)
7th tardy: 1 day ISS ( assigned by asst. principal)
8th – 13thtardies: 2 days of ISS (assigned by asst. principal)
14th tardy: VISTA Placement (assigned by asst. principal)
7. Cell Phones: SILENT AND INVISIBLE – LIKE NINJAS!!!
* Cell phones are only permitted in class with teacher permission.
* Students using a cell phone when not permitted will result in:
- The phone will be confiscated
- Students must pay a charge of $15 to pick phone up from the front office
* If you feel the urge to your use your cell phone when not permitted,
PARKyour cell phone in the Cell Phone Parking Lot.
* Some activities and lessons will allow your to use you cell phone.
Warm Up – Each class there will be warm up on the board.
Warm Ups will consist of the following:
WACKY FACTS Wednesdays
Totally Tongue Twisting Thursdays
Fact of the Matter Fridays
**Warm Up Quiz EVERY Friday!!
*You will be given sufficient time to clean so use the time wisely.
REMIND 101: Text @mrsnalep to (559) 512-7592
Are you new to GHS?
Do you like theatre and want to be involved?
Are you looking for new friends?
JOIN GHS THEATRE!
Come find out more information on how
to get involved at the annual
GHS THEATRE BREAKFAST MEETING
Friday, August 30 at 7:30 AM in the Black Box
All talented students are encouraged to audition for Main Stage Productions. 2 Musicals, 1 Classic Drama, 1 UIL One Act Play & The Student Directed Showcase!
All THEATRE I Students who take part in a GHS production as an actor or crew receive EXTRA CREDIT!!!
SHOW DATES: October 24, 26, 28
Show Dates: January 24,25,31 & February 1
-Story: A dramatization of "The Diary of Anne Frank", recording the experiences of a young Jewish girl who hid from the Nazis for two years before being sent to a concentration camp.
Show Dates: TBA