Welcome to Adv. Lang Arts 8 th Grade (Mrs. McAleer ). SOME FACTS ABOUT ME:. I was born in Brasilia, Brazil (yes, I love soccer ). I have been living in the USA for about half of my life (so my heart is red, white, blue… green and yellow ).
8th Grade (Mrs. McAleer)
1. This textbook contains most of the core reading selections required for 8th grade in Broward County.
2. The hardcopy will be kept in the classroom; however, it will also be available online as a PDF file (further information will be shared with students in the coming weeks)
1. This anthology contains support reading selections that we will be reading over the course of the year.
2. Your child will soon be given a copy of this textbook to be kept at home.
3. Price of textbook if lost or damaged: $96.45
Students will complete in depth analysis of at least two novels. It is strongly encouraged that you purchase a paperback copy of theses novels to be used with “marking the text” strategies.
THE GIVER, BY LOIS LOWRY
NOTHING BUT THE TRUTH, BY AVI
SYLLABUS:A class syllabus with detailed information regarding rules, routines, and procedures was sent home the first week of school. I also posted the syllabus information on Pinnacle under the “Signed Parent Slip” narrative.
(754) 323 4000 Extension 3055
for your continued support and understanding. Involved parents like you truly make a difference!
Have a wonderful night!