Supplemental Restraint Systems . South Stokes High School 1100 South Stokes High Drive Walnut Cove NC, 27052. Front air bags have saved 13,967 lives between 1987 and 2003 NTSHA (National Highway Traffic Safety Administration). Air bag basics.
Download Policy: Content on the Website is provided to you AS IS for your information and personal use and may not be sold / licensed / shared on other websites without getting consent from its author.While downloading, if for some reason you are not able to download a presentation, the publisher may have deleted the file from their server.
South Stokes High School
1100 South Stokes High Drive
Walnut Cove NC, 27052
When 2 crash sensor close an electrical current is sent to the inflator module.
The air bag system ignites a the inflator module.solid propellant, which burns extremely rapidly to create a large volume of nitrogen gas to inflate the bag.
NOTE: Air bags works similar to a solid rocket booster
1. Children 8 to12 years should ride:
2. How far should occupants set from an air bag?
3. How fast is a moderate to Sevier crash?
A. 24-30 mph
B. Above 30 mph
C. 18-22 mph
D. 8- 14 mph
4. How fast will an air bag deploy?
5. You can find specific information about the air bags in your vehicle.
6. When should small children be placed in the front seat facing backward?
7. Unrestrained or improperly restrained occupants will move __________ during a crash.
8. Technician A says the smoke that is seen after an airbag deployment is Hazardous. Technician B says the smoke seen after an air bag deployment is the results of cornstarch and talcum powder. Who is correct?