500 likes | 1.99k Views
Hobbies. You are a pupil of the language courses. In your group, you are speaking about hobbies of your childhood. You are telling what object and when you collected., What your collection was like, where your collection is now and whether you have changed your hobby. .
E N D
You are a pupil of the language courses. In your group, you are speaking about hobbies of your childhood. You are telling what object and when you collected., What your collection was like, where your collection is now and whether you have changed your hobby.
collecting stamps, coins, badges, boor, pictures reading fiction, novels, magazines, newspapers, stories listening to the news, music, operas, modern music, songs taking pictures performing on the stage Hobbies going to the theatre, the cinema, the museum writing novels, spy stories, fiction, poems watching cartoons, feature films, soap operas, plays, television
These expressions can help you: • I would like… • My hobby is … • I prefer … • As for me … • I am good at … • I am interested in …
characteristic features to love animals to allow to do smth shepherd to divide into good reminiscences rare calendars decorative breed a childish dream to treat dogs a) декоративна порода b)дитяча мрія c)лікування собак d)рідкісні календарі e)любити тварин f)характерні особливості g)дозволити щось зробити h)гарний спогад i)розділити на …; j) вівчарка
1. Hobby is a person’s favorite…2. I lived … very much and I had my…dream to have a dog at home.3. I began to … calendars with dogs.4. I learned a lot about different … of the dogs.5. I tried to find … calendars.6. Each breed includes into itself…feature.7. I was …on reading different books about dogs.8. I even wanted to become … . rare, childish, a vet, occupation, to collect, breed, characteristic, animals, keen
Work with your partners.Make up a dialoguefocusing on the following questions.
What does it mean “hobby”?What things do people usually collect?Is it important for a person to have a hobby?Which ways of spending free time do you know/What is a thematic collection?What is your hobby?Is collecting calendars popular only with children?What can collecting calendars teach you?Do collectors specialize in one subject or more?Are thematic collections popular?
Work in groups.Interactive discussion.Listen attentively to your opponent and ask them questions.
Group 1. Exciting theme on the language courses • What kind of theme can you talk on the courses? • Why is this theme important for you? • Who told about their favorite pastime?
Group2.Your favorite childish occupation • Did you collect stamps, coins or calendars? • Was your collection thematic? • What could your collection teach us?
Group 3.Your future profession and your hobby • Would you like to connect future profession with your hobby? • What profession would you like to choose? • Will you dream come true?
1. I am a pupil of the language courses.2. It’s very useful for me, because we have opportunity not only to practice our English but to discuss many different and exciting topics.
3. Recently we have talked about one of the most interesting theme “Hobbies and leisure time”.4. Pupils of our groups told about their favorite pastime and hobbies.
5. As you know hobby is a person’s favorite occupation in his time.6. It’s very important for us to do what we are interested in and what we are good at.
7. Someone’s hobby is painting, collecting something, others likes to listen to music, to read books or to go to the theatre, the cinema or disco clubs.8. And I’d like to tell you about my hobby when I was a child.
9. I loved animals very much and I had my childish dream to have a dog at home.10. But my parents didn’t allow me to buy any dog.11. At first I was very upset, but then I decided to help me myself.
12. I began to collect the calendars with dogs.13. It was so absorbing.14. I tried to find interesting rare calendars and when I decided to stop my collection numbered 250 ones.
15. With the help of such hobby I learned a lot about different breeds of the dogs.16. you see, each breed includes into itself characteristic feature, which has left the history of the beginning and using of any breed.
17. That’s why according to the International Federation dog’s breeding I divided my calendars into 2 main parts: shepherd’s watch and decorative breeds.18. I was keen on reading different books about origin of dogs, species, and their habits.
19. I learned how to take care of them.20. For some time I even wanted to become a vet.21.It was the greatest infant fancy.22. But as time passed I changed my mind.
23. And now I have only good reminiscence about that collection.24. But I still want to have a dog, and who knows, maybe some day I’ll buy a dog for myself, about which I dreamt for a long time.