5.1 discuss “Republicanism”. Defined: indirect democracy Discuss: different ideas about “republican government” Direct / Indirect. ????????????????????. When did we declare independence ? _________ When did the war end ? __________
Download Policy: Content on the Website is provided to you AS IS for your information and personal use and may not be sold / licensed / shared on other websites without getting consent from its author.While downloading, if for some reason you are not able to download a presentation, the publisher may have deleted the file from their server.
Direct / Indirect
consolidate and survive in the face of many problems along with a lack of experience , confidence and trust.
“…South Carolina is not at war”
“…and what nation is that?
“…..1 ruler 3,000 miles away or 3,000 rulers 1 mile away”
* Why did it fail?
- structure and power
* Why form it in the first place?
- past experience
How much change?
How to change it?
- who was there?- very elite group
GW, Madison, Franklin, Dickinson, Morris, Sherman, Patterson, Hamilton
- who wasn’t?
JA, SA, Patrick Henry
- gag order, start from scratch
- GW; James Madison
- Bicameral: (Senate (=) and House of Representatives (%)
- foreign; tariffs
- no laws against the slave trade (20 years)
- electoral college
* for ratification: ………..
- 9 states to ratify
- Alexander Hamilton, John Jay, James Madison
- essays ( for NY newspapers)
- remove fear, the unknown, explain
- P Henry, S Adams, TJ
- A 10, A 9
- A1 s8 c18—”the elastic clause”
- “Inherent Powers”
- the Amendments