Georgia Department of Economic Development MEAG POWER ECONOMIC DEVELOPMENT FORUM March 27, 2008 WHAT DO YOU WANT TO BE WHEN YOU GROW UP? What are long range goals for your community? - Comprehensive plan? - County-wide zoning? Definition of economic development
Download Policy: Content on the Website is provided to you AS IS for your information and personal use and may not be sold / licensed / shared on other websites without getting consent from its author.While downloading, if for some reason you are not able to download a presentation, the publisher may have deleted the file from their server.
ECONOMIC DEVELOPMENT FORUM
March 27, 2008
- Comprehensive plan?
- County-wide zoning?
- Any activity that creates jobs or generates revenue
- Foundation of a capitalist economy is manufacturing
- Value added
- Higher payrolls
- Higher investment in buildings and equipment
- An environment where they can make a profit
- Available buildings
- Qualified industrial sites
- Utilities and other services
- Providing qualified sites and managing site risks are the community’s responsibility
Director, Global Commerce Division
Georgia Department of Economic Development
75 Fifth Street, NW, Suite 1200
Atlanta, Georgia 30308