CSO Strategy to Promote Child Rights at the ACHPR . African Children’s Charter Project /Institute for Human Rights and Development in Africa (IHRDA) . Scope of the discussion . Background Complementary role of ACHPR Role of CSOs to promote CR at ACHPR Recommended strategy for CSOs.
African Children’s Charter Project /Institute for Human Rights and Development in Africa (IHRDA)
African Commission for Human and Peoples’ Rights /ACHPR/
- “formal relationship” between the Commission and the Committee
- designated the Special Rapporteure on Women's’ Rights to collaborate on child rights work in Africa
1) Observer Status before the ACHPR
- submitting reports
- challenge state reports
- work with the special mechnisms (special rapporteures, working groups etc)
2) Technical support to ACHPR
CSOs create a short scorecard for each country that can be submitted to the Commission to use for country reports, site visits, and other purposes.
3) Representation at the ACHPR sessions
4) Child participation at the ACHPR
5) Working with Commissioners & ACHPR Secretariat
6) Engaging with NGOs/CSOs working with ACHPR
- strategic & systematic manner
- thematic & country
- shadow report
OTHER RECOMMENDATIONS ARE WELCOME!!