Loading in 2 Seconds...
Loading in 2 Seconds...
Vocational Nurse Scholarship (VN) Licensed Vocational Nurse to Associate Degree Nursing Scholarship (LVN-ADN) Programs How to Complete Your Application Application Process Scholarship Eligibility Service Obligation Selection Criteria Application Overview Application Instruction
Download Policy: Content on the Website is provided to you AS IS for your information and personal use and may not be sold / licensed / shared on other websites without getting consent from its author.While downloading, if for some reason you are not able to download a presentation, the publisher may have deleted the file from their server.
How to Complete Your Application
Read all instruction pages carefully before you fill out your application. This will help to answer most of your questions and explain the following:
Service Obligation (Medically Underserved Areas)
Notification of Awards
Note: You must have valid legal presence and ability to work and direct patient care must be patient in the state of California
Part B - Work Experience
Indicate whether you’re currently employed as an LVN or not. If yes, provide the license number and expiration date.
Part C - Community and Language Background
1. List any languages in which you are fluent and this must be verified by your program director on the Graduation Completion Form.
2. Indicate whether you have lived in an economically disadvantaged background for at least two (2) years. If yes, check the appropriate range of yearsand describe in your personal statement.
Note: Disadvantaged Background –income below the federal poverty level, low income, subsidized income, qualified for public programs, lived in rural, inner city or medically underserved areas.
Part D - Personal Statement
Answer all questions numbered 1-7.
Your statement questions must be typed.
Restate and number each question along with a comprehensive response to each question.
Your personal statement should be no more than 2 pages.
For a template of personal statement questions, please visit our website at www.healthprofessions.ca.gov.
Note: Elaborate and provide as much information as
you can. Personal statements that lack detail may be considered incomplete and therefore, ineligible.
Part E – Questionnaire
Indicate whether you are a previous awardee of the Foundation.
Indicate whether you owe a service obligation to another entity.
If you owe an existing service obligation to another entity, you are ineligible to apply until you have completed your existing obligation.
Indicate where you heard about our programs. Check all that apply.
Part F - LVN to ADN Applicant
(only LVN to ADN applicants)
Check the box “yes” if you would like your application to be reviewed by the ADN selection committee. If you are not awarded by the ADN program, your application will be automatically considered eligible for the LVN to ADN program.
Note: If you select “no”, you will be ineligible for the LVN to ADN program until the next cycle.
Note: This form must be returned to the Foundation with an original signature
1. Completed Application (must be signed)
2. Official Transcript(s)
3. Personal Statement (restate and number each question)
4. Two (2) Professional Letters of Recommendation (signed & dated with 6 months)
5. Program Completion Verification Form (must be signed)
6. Work History HRSA printout regarding your practice location
7. Current year Student Aid Report or signed prior year’s Federal Tax Return &
8. Copy of the cost of attendance/tuition for VN/RN program
9. Proof of current and active California LVN license and be in good standing with the
the BVNPT (only LVN to ADN applicants)
Fall Postmark: September 11
Submit current year applications to:
Health Professions Education Foundation
ATTN:VN Scholarship & LVN to ADN Scholarship
400 R Street, Suite 460
Sacramento, CA 95811
If you have questions regarding how to
complete any required documents or you have
questions in general, please feel free to contact the
Program Officer: Stephanie Tran
Phone: (916) 326 - 3646 (Direct)
(916) 326 - 3640 (Main)
(800) 773 -1669