PhiloxeniaPlus / forum Thessaloniki-Drama / June 2013 Michel Debord , European Projects of C.C.I. of Gers Presentation of 1 village – 1 product Initiative (OVOP) in the framework of the Community program MED Capitalisation 2007-2013, cofinanced by the ERDF.
Download Policy: Content on the Website is provided to you AS IS for your information and personal use and may not be sold / licensed / shared on other websites without getting consent from its author.While downloading, if for some reason you are not able to download a presentation, the publisher may have deleted the file from their server.
Thessaloniki-Drama/ June 2013
Michel Debord, European Projects of C.C.I. of Gers
Presentation of 1 village – 1 product Initiative (OVOP) in the framework of the Community program MED Capitalisation 2007-2013, cofinanced by the ERDF
FIRST PARTNERSHIP MEETING FOR THE KICK-0FF OF THE PROJECT PHILOXENIAPLUS PHILOXENIAPLUS (1CAP-MED12-27)
AT THE HEADQUARTERS OF LOC.EM.
11, 12 and 13 June 2013
1 village – 1 product
Good practice presented in Philoxenia Plus
Gers CCI, together with E-BIC Gers Gascogne, will start the OVOP Initiative.
European Projects Michel.Debord@wanadoo.fr
Tel 33(0)5 6264 0303
GSM 33 (0)6 7611 3984
Fax 33(0)5 6261 6263
The future of the isoled rural areas relies on heritage revitalization via Internet communication. To bring new inhabitants and new skills, we need to offer business opportunities. The dormant heritage of villages can be the source of new market options for the new inhabitants.
The «One Village – One Product» concept was developed in 1979 by the Oita Prefeture in South Japan, in order to stop rural migration and to avoid the downfall of the regional economic dynamism.
1. Identification of villages interested on the OVOP concept
2. Preliminary assessment of products and services to be developed
3. Assessment and selection of products/services by the consultant (mix-marketing analysis)
4. Definition of the action plan for the services or products selected
5. Search for partnership and financing to develop the products or services selected
6. Set-up of a business structure or search of business networks
How does OVOP work?
1. Training session on marketing and communication of the villagers
2. Specialised advice to develop products and services of the local heritage
Strengths : Local representatives and population enthusiastic and engaged
Weaknesses : financial means hard to collect to finance the action plans
Founding a European OVOP network gathering all the villages that has already developed the OVOP approach and organisation of fairs in each member country