INTERN OVERVIEW. For Daegu University. Policies and Rules (simple). Session last 24 weeks: two session per year- Winter session starts in Sep/Oct and runs to Feb. Summer session starts Mar and goes to Aug. Students receive 18 credit hours
For Daegu University
The week prior to start date University will ensure all students are at Camp Henry, to have pictures taken and receive ID to enter post.
- Assist with the planning, coordination, and execution of Good Neighbor Program in the areas of Korean Cultural Awareness and Military to Military.
- Seek out local GNP related events (College Fairs (Exchange Program), local orphanage/elders home assistance, soup kitchens, English camps) that would be applicable to the US soldiers, family members and civilians.
- Perform as a liaison with local orphanages, elder’s homes, schools, and soup kitchens.
- Assist with Good Neighbor Pass application process to include: providing application guidance to ROK Good Neighbors, translation of interview and staffing of the application packets.
- Perform as lead escort officer for select events and function for Soldiers, Civilians, and Family members (includes accountability, coordination on site, and transportation management)
- Performs translating and interpreting work from English into Korean and vice versa, in official functions such as English Camp, Cultural Tours, Cooking Classes, cultural outreach classes, and Soup Kitchen services.
- Assist with the planning, coordination, and execution of all GNP related events as directed by the supervisor.
- File all applicable GNP Events documents (Read-Ahead, Pass/ID memorandum, Event outline, Event Pamphlet, AAR comments, speech product etc.)
- Conduct clerical support and records maintenance for the planning, coordination, execution and assessment of the Command's Good Neighbor program.
Excellent opportunity to share cultures
Improve on your English language
Be an Ambassador for Korea
Put your knowledge and ability to the test
Prepare for the work force and
Discover the difference in US and Korea.