Loading in 2 Seconds...
Loading in 2 Seconds...
EUA Conference, Marseille, 1 st – 3 rd April 2004 Universities and Society: Engaging Stakeholders Establishing Strategic Priorities Prof. Fuada Stanković , Rector Case study: University of Novi Sad. About the University of Novi Sad.
Download Policy: Content on the Website is provided to you AS IS for your information and personal use and may not be sold / licensed / shared on other websites without getting consent from its author.While downloading, if for some reason you are not able to download a presentation, the publisher may have deleted the file from their server.
Universities and Society: Engaging Stakeholders
Establishing Strategic Priorities
Prof. Fuada Stanković, Rector
Case study: University of Novi Sad
Today it is a comprehensive university with 13 faculties:
1. Academy of Arts
3. Chemical engineering
4. Civil engineering
5. Technical sciences/Engineering
10. Social Sciences and Humanities
12. Teachers training
13. Teachers Training in Engineering and Management
Second largest university in Serbia (after University of Belgrade).
1600 teachers and researchers
2000 administrative staff
85% of all research in Vojvodina is concentrated at the University.
Major industries: agriculture, food processing, refineries, metal industry, pharmaceuticals…
Inefficient use of water resources (Danube river and canals).
1. High level of university autonomy
2. University is among founders and members of different consortiums:
3. SKILL - student company for services to SMEs CORE - student services to different activities within and outside the University (design and organisation of University stand at the bookfair…)
4. Joint projects with NGOs within the University (Association of students with special needs, Roma students organisation…
5. Joint projects with external NGOs (OSCE, Centre for Democratic Elections - CESID, First Stop Serbia-Denmark...)
6. Contracts at the University level with several large companies (scholarships, donations in equipment, joint projects)
7. Fund for talented students - 20 institutions involved from companies to banks and local and provincial governments, Bar Association of Vojvodina, Chambers of Commerce
8. Individual efforts in commercialisation of knowledge
9. Dispersed practice of LLL at the level of faculties and departments
10. ALUMNI Association Established
11. Campus-based university
12. Website as a mean of communication with the inner and wider community
13. Technical condition for E-learning established
1. Lack of strategic priorities in facing stakeholders
2. Rather coincidental instead of more integrated collaboration
3. Lack of organized and systematic dialogue with stakeholders on human resource development - no systematic contacts with former students to get opinions about the programmes and curricula and their relevance for the needs of wider environment
4. Lack of tradition in joining the systematic social dialogue by majority of university members and external stakeholders
5. Informal, individual instead of institutional links
among researchers and stakeholders
6. Decentralized LLL at the department and faculty level instead of LLL centre at the University level - organised approach to commercialisation of knowledge is in the initial phase
7. Research strategy related to the regional development is missing
8. No E- learning yet
9. Lack of specialized office/officers to facilitate
dialogue with stakeholders
10. No representatives of industry in the University
11. No public adult education and evening classes
The UNS strategy is to use the advantage of its campus (and being comprehensive University) in order to become a guardian of regional and national cultures and an open space for citizens to come and enjoy in different cultural events.
The goal is to develop feeling of belonging to the university community (corporate culture) within the University (students, teaching staff, employees).
It is a long lasting process of changing image of the University from an "ivory tower" to a precious centre of knowledge, culture and highest ethical values and a treasury for the wider environment.