WordPress offers several ways of changing an existing theme: through the WordPress dashboard, the WordPress theme directory, and FTP. When using the WordPress dashboard method, you first have to download the compressed version of the theme you want to install. This method is only accessible by those on WordPress.org. On the dashboard menu, you need to click on Themes >>AddNew>> Upload Theme. Then, click on Activate button to access. You can also use the WordPress directory to install themes. First, go back to Appearance on the dashboard and click themes and then click Add New. The WordPress theme installer will give you a list of themes that meet your preference and then click on Install
WordPress offers several ways of changing an existing theme: through the WordPress dashboard, the WordPress theme directory, and FTP. When using the WordPress dashboard method, you first have to download the compressed version of the theme you want to install. This method is only accessible by those on WordPress.org. On the dashboard menu, you need to click on Themes >>AddNew>> Upload Theme. Then, click on Activate button to access. You can also use the WordPress directory to install themes.
One of the simplest ways of how to install WordPress themes is via the WordPress dashboard. With this method, you have to download the compressed version of the theme you want to install.
1. First, you need to log into your WordPress website, then go to the dashboard on the left side of your screen and find Appearance.
2. Under Appearance, click Themes. In this page you will see a number of themes to choose from but since you already have a theme click Add New.
3. On the next page, click Upload Theme. You will be directed to choose the file of the compressed theme. After choosing, click Install Now. This will install the theme on your WordPress website but you are not done yet.
4. At the bottom of the success message page, look for the Activate button and click it. You have now successfully installed a WordPress theme.
Unfortunately, this form of WordPress theme installer is only accessible by those on WordPress.org and not WordPress.com. For more information on how to migrate to WordPress.org, visit their official website or you can find other tutorials online.
You can also install a theme directly from the WordPress directory.
1. Go back to Appearance on the dashboard and click Themes
2. Click Add New. Unlike the last time, do not click the Upload button. Instead, look at the list of themes. There are the featured, popular, and latest themes together with a search filter. With the search filter, you can identify themes depending on certain features you are looking for. Just select the features from the list given and the WordPress theme installerwill give show you a list of themes that meet your preference. If you already have a specific theme in mind, type in the name and WordPress will show you.
3. Hover over the theme you are interested in, and you will see three button options; Install, Preview and Detail. If you want to see the look of the theme on your website, click Preview. Otherwise, click Install. A success message will appear if the process went through.
1. For those with no idea what FTP means, have no fear. FTP refers to File Transfer Protocol, which is simply a set of rules that govern how computer networks share files. In this case, you have to have some basic knowledge of how FTP works.
2. When you want to use FTP to install themes, it is important to know if your cPanel can offer FTP access or if you will have to download a program to facilitate the process. Of all the ways to install WordPress themes, this is not the most beginner-friendly option, but if you follow the instructions carefully, it will work.
An FTP software like FireFTP or an FTP access through cPanel.
WinRAR to extract the compressed files. The downloaded WordPress theme usually comes in a compressed version. Since we are uploading it directly to the theme folder, it is advisable to extract before anything else. 1. Go to the .zip file and right click it. 2. On the list that appears click, Extract to. With this method, you will be able to extract the folder you need for uploading. 1. With cPanel or whichever FTP tool you are using, log in and go to wp-content/themes folder then upload the extracted files.
Once uploaded, it by comes easily to activate. The uploaded theme will be visible from the themes option on the dashboard.
To activate the theme:
1. Go to dashboard and under Appearance, click themes, then Add Theme.
2. Hover over the theme you have added, then click Activate.There you go with the three WordPress theme install guidelines. However, at times you may want to delete themes from your list.
Deleting or uninstalling themes is very straightforward and can be accomplished in two ways. It is important to note that when you are about to delete a theme, it should not be your primary theme. If it is, change it to another one before you proceed to delete.
The first process involves going to the dashboard then Appearance. Click Themes. On the themes page, you will see the delete button and then click on it.
The second way involves your FTP. Log in to your FTP manager and locate the folder with the theme you want to delete. It is that simple. Depending on your preference, you can easily delete a theme with both methods.