Pink-E-Pie’s Play Palace, Inc. February 2014. What’s Happening? F ebruary is the month of LOVE!
Download Policy: Content on the Website is provided to you AS IS for your information and personal use and may not be sold / licensed / shared on other websites without getting consent from its author.While downloading, if for some reason you are not able to download a presentation, the publisher may have deleted the file from their server.
We will be closing at 5:30pm on the following day for staff training.
*Due to winter weather on February 4th, that training date will be rescheduled. Notice of rescheduled date will be posted soon.
We apologize for any inconvenience this may cause and we thank you for understanding!
Ground Hog Day-2nd
National Wear Red Day-7th
Parents- We will celebrate all children’s birthdays on
February 21st, so that no child is forgotten. We will provide cupcakes for the center and your child will go home with a fake tattoo and a balloon animal. If you wish to bring something on that Friday, you are more than welcome!
By: Ms. Melissa
I would like to start off by saying welcome to a new infant friend we got this month, Ms. Skyler! For the month of February, we will be having some fun loving activities leading up to Valentine’s Day. Mommy and Daddys, expect a little loving gift for you! We will also continue to work on our self help skills! I would personally like to thank all of our parents for letting Pink-E-Pie’s teach your little angels!! Happy Valentine's Day!
By: Ms. Leanna & Ms. Desirae
The toddler room has really been doing well with the new changes. This month, we are wanting to start focusing on “About Me”, that is in the Adventures in Learning curriculum for toddlers. We will work on learning our name, our body parts, and about our feelings. We have put the toddlers names in various places around the room, including their chairs, coat hooks, and cubbies. We are really wanting to make a book of our toddlers, from birth to now, so your little ones can look at how they have grown. To do that, we need pictures of them. If you could please bring in photos of your tots, we would really appreciate it.
15 Ways to Make Your Little One Feel Special
1. Ask caring questions each day: How was your Day? Did you take a good nap?
2. Tell your child you love him at least once a day.
3. Wear whatever "jewels" your child makes or buys for you. Display his artwork; use his clay vases and bowls.
4. Get excited when your child tells you about his day or latest accomplishment. Nodding your head is not enough.
5. Request a "kid fix" (a hefty hug and kiss) whenever you feel the need, and let your child know it makes you feel better.
6. If you're out for the evening, call in a goodnight kiss and promise an in-person one as soon as you return.
7. Sing while she plays; play while she sings or dances. Duets are very supportive, often memorable, and usually hilarious.
8. Use the mail to surprise your child with a comic book, funny card or fancy pencil.
9. Ask your child what was the best and worst part of his day -- every day.
10.Put a note in her lunch box that says, "I love you."
11. Keep a chair next to your desk so your child can visit or chat.
12. Ask about your child's friends regularly.
13. Prepare the grocery list together, and ask your child for dinner suggestions.
14. Compliment your child and let her overhear you complimenting her to someone else -- a relative, friend or neighbor.
15. Do something ridiculous: Chase your child through the house or start a pillow fight.
Play Palace, Inc. February 2014
By: Ms. Alex
For the month of February, we will be working with Hello’s and Goodbyes in the Adventures in Learning curriculum. We will learn about transitions that take place in the classroom and ones that children might go through at home. I have some new transition songs that I want to teach the kids, as well as some fun new ways to say Hello and Goodbye! We will also get to do some fun Valentines Day art projects! Also, the Reading Roadshow will be coming on the 11th and 25th to read special books to your children!