Grundtvig project „YoungandAdultsfor a BetterLife“ Topic: TheGeneration Gap Questionnaire Barcelona, Spain 24th – 28th October
The Generation Gap Questionnaire • At the beginning of September we translated the questionnaire from English to Czech language. • Between September and October our team of social workers spread questionnare in some parts of Ostrava city and close suroundings. • We made about 140 lists of questionnaire, just 100 of them went back to us. • We composed and analysed the data in Microsoft Office Excel and than created the graphs in special programming system called Matlab.
The Generation Gap Questionnaire • Numbers of respondents according to gender
The Generation Gap Questionnaire • Numbers of respondents according to age
The Generation Gap Questionnaire • Numbers of respondents according to last school graduated
The Generation Gap Questionnaire • Numbers of respondents according to area of residence
2. Choose five of the factors listed below you think that are sources of conflict between generations.
4. Do you consider the conflict between generation as a problem for society?
5. Do you consider the conflict between generations as a phenomenon that occurs only among very young people and the very old?
7. Between what ranges of age is the generation gap felt more strongly?
8. In which of the areas listed below the generation gap manifests stronger?
9. In general, how do you react when you experience a conflict between generations?
10. 1. If yes, what do you think it should be done? (multiple answers)
11. Based on your personal experience, please, list the problemations created by the generation gap. Anyoftherespondentsdid not answerthisquestion in correctway.
12. Based on your personal experience tell us what you have learned from the conflict between generations. I have learned that:
15. Do you think that you have something to learn from the young/ the old?
16. To what extent do you think people from different generations may have common ideas?
Disadvantages of the questionnaire • The questionnaire was too long, especially for children about 15 years old, they had trouble to concentrated on it. It was not sutaible for this target group. • Some of the questions were so difficut to understand them, it was difficult also for social worker to expained it to children, elderly and people from social excluded area. • The questionnaire contained lots of specific terminology, young people did not understand some of the terms. (for example: generation gap, attitudes, value, ect.)
Disadvantages of the questionnaire • Some of the questions were not so clear and intelligible. • Respondets wanted to choose more that one options of answers but it was no possible. • All the respondets had the biggest problem with question number 11. They did not answered it correctly.