It’s from the Greek, of course. Acting is as old as the human race. - from earliest days people have mimicked others and told stories, imitating the voices and gestures of characters.
- from earliest days people have mimicked others and told stories, imitating the voices and gestures of characters.
- Also, from the beginning, there have been rituals and ceremonies in which the celebrants wore costumes and performed roles.
- impersonating a character in a dramatic presentation before an audience.
Acting is reacting
4. To wear costumes with poise and assurance
5. To convey the playwright’s and the director’s intentions regarding both the character and the play
6. To interact with the other performers onstage
The role of the actor has changed throughout history, but, 3 main challenges an actor must face:
Physical words to remember:
Emotional words to remember:
7. Sense memory
8. Emotional Memory
12. cold reading
13. call backs
Acting is an old art form but new every time you do it.