Higher Chemistry. Unit 2 Section 8 - Polymers Multiple Choice Questions. This is designed to be used by teachers to help students develop skills in answering multiple choice questions. Douglas Racey, Waid Academy, Anstruther, Fife, Scotland.
Download Policy: Content on the Website is provided to you AS IS for your information and personal use and may not be sold / licensed / shared on other websites without getting consent from its author.While downloading, if for some reason you are not able to download a presentation, the publisher may have deleted the file from their server.
Section8 - Polymers
Multiple Choice Questions
This is designed to be used by teachers to help students develop skills in answering multiple choice questions.
Douglas Racey, Waid Academy, Anstruther, Fife, Scotland
1. This is part of a polymer molecule.
The monomer which gives rise to this polymer is
2. Polyesters can exist as fibres and cured resins. Which line in the table describes correctly the structure of their molecules?
Polyester fibre Cured polyester resin
A Cross-linked Cross-linked
B Linear Linear
C Cross-linked Linear
D Linear Cross-linked
3. Some recently developed polymers have unusual properties. Which polymer is soluble in water?
4. Which statement can be applied to polymeric esters?
A. they are used for flavourings, perfumes and solvents
B. they are condensation polymers made by the linking up of amino acids
C. they are manufactured for use as textile fabrics and resins
D. they are cross-linked addition polymers
Higher Chemistry Unit 2 - Section 8 polymersMultiple Choice Questions
5. Ethene is used in the manufacture of addition polymers.
What type of reaction is used to produce ethene from ethane?