Media Round Table on Budget Recommendations Hosted by Alok Bharadwaj , President MAIT Sabyasachi Patra , ED MAIT. 22 nd February, 2012. Industry Background. First Looking at entire ICTE Industry.
Download Policy: Content on the Website is provided to you AS IS for your information and personal use and may not be sold / licensed / shared on other websites without getting consent from its author.While downloading, if for some reason you are not able to download a presentation, the publisher may have deleted the file from their server.
22nd February, 2012
First Looking at entire ICTE Industry
The IT Hardware Growth is estimated now in single digit in 2011-12
The PC/Laptop Market is almost flat in 2011-12 (Last 2 quarters are –ve)
Caused Supply line disruptions to entire ecosystem
Profitability Declined badly
Reforms & Stability Oriented
1. Removal of Anomaly in Inverted Duty Structure & abolish 4% SAD
2. Withdrawal of MRP Based Assessment for IT Products.
3. Custom duty correction (eg. Lenses & Accessories)
4. Abolish MAT and continuance of exemption benefits on Manf in nominated areas/schemes
5. Correction on double taxation as goods & as services.
6. Confirmation on GST Implementation timelines
7. Clear guidelines on transfer pricing to eliminate ambiguity & bring transparency to enhance investors’ sentiments