Rules and Guidelines for the CYC “Let all things be done decently and in order” 1 Corinthians 14:40
1. What the Rules are NOT about? • They are not the Goal, but the means to achieve the real Goal • They are not what Abouna wants, but they are the good will of God for our lives • They are not chains to limit our freedom, but rather an embankment to guard and guide it
1. What are the Rules NOT about? • They are not recommendations, but rather an obligation and a commitment • Their implementation and success will not depend upon how strictly they will be enforced, but rather upon our collective conviction that they are vitally important
2. CYC members ID (1) • Every family member will have an ID card • These cards will be required before anyone can check out a game or participate at the gym
2. CYC members ID (2) • These cards will:- Enhance accountability- Assist with discipline- Facilitate monitoring • One of the servants will implement this service starting on May 3rd • Membership fees will be $50 per six months
3. Sunday Structure(1) • Sunday School classes through 8th grade will be escorted back to the CYC at the end of class • 1:00 PM – 2:30 PM- Kitchen closes- Banquet hall cleaning- Registering for the games at the BH- Gym will still be CLOSED
3. Sunday Structure(2) • 2:30 – 5:30 PM- First period of games • 5:30 – 6:00 PM- Agpeya prayers • 6:00 – 9:30 PM- Second period of games • 9:30 – 10:00 PM- Cleaning
4. MCP Guidelines (1) • Time to check-in the campers will be at 6:00 PM sharp on Friday. Late campers will be required to wait and check-in at 9:00 PM. • Parents’ visiting time: is the game time and not accompanied by the little ones. • Parents can check their kids out, but they cannot check them back in again.
4. MCP Guidelines (2) • Parents’ cooperation in understanding and enforcing the system of the disciplinary penalties is of utmost importance. • Parents serving as chaperones should not alter any camp structure, procedures or guidelines as they desire.
5. Banquet Hall • Reservations should take place in advance for any kind of celebration • Rules related to the place and what is permitted in it will be communicated to those willing to reserve it
6. General Rules • Paying attention to the cleanness and safety of the place • Restraining kids from disruptive behavior • Refraining from being in the wrong place at the wrong time • Abstaining from asking for an exception