ashli morrison n.
Download
Skip this Video
Loading SlideShow in 5 Seconds..
Ashli Morrison PowerPoint Presentation
Download Presentation
Ashli Morrison

Loading in 2 Seconds...

play fullscreen
1 / 10

Ashli Morrison - PowerPoint PPT Presentation


  • 95 Views
  • Uploaded on

Ashli Morrison. Community Service Spring 2006. Kappa Delta Shamrock Event. Since 1981, Kappa Delta has supported the child abuse prevention efforts of Prevent Child Abuse America (PCA America), founded by a Kappa Delta, the late Donna Stone. (Lambda – Northwestern)

loader
I am the owner, or an agent authorized to act on behalf of the owner, of the copyrighted work described.
capcha
Download Presentation

PowerPoint Slideshow about 'Ashli Morrison' - annona


An Image/Link below is provided (as is) to download presentation

Download Policy: Content on the Website is provided to you AS IS for your information and personal use and may not be sold / licensed / shared on other websites without getting consent from its author.While downloading, if for some reason you are not able to download a presentation, the publisher may have deleted the file from their server.


- - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - E N D - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - -
Presentation Transcript
ashli morrison

Ashli Morrison

Community Service

Spring 2006

kappa delta shamrock event
Kappa DeltaShamrock Event
  • Since 1981, Kappa Delta has supported the child abuse prevention efforts of Prevent Child Abuse America (PCA America), founded by a Kappa Delta, the late Donna Stone. (Lambda – Northwestern)
  • Known nationally as Kappa Delta's "Shamrock Event," each year, thousands of KDs in hundreds of communities nationwide join forces in a collective effort to raise money for national and local child abuse prevention efforts. Shamrock Events have been held annually since 1984 and are as varied and creative as the groups that sponsor them.
flag football tournament
Flag Football Tournament!
  • Gamma Mu has hosted a flag football tournament for the past 10 years, raising over $80,000 for national philanthropies, as well as our local philanthropies, Lowndes County Department of Family and Children Services and the Methodist Children’s Home of Lowndes County. Gamma Mu’s football tournament is the largest and most profitable single-sorority fundraiser at VSU. 
slide4
Of the money raised through these events, a full 80 percent of the proceeds stays in the local community and is donated to local child abuse agencies; the remaining 20 percent is donated to PCA America's national office for its national prevention efforts.
  • Since the Shamrock Event's inception, Kappa Delta has collected over $7.1 million and has donated nearly $1.5 million to PCA America.
when and where
When and Where:
  • It is at Valdosta State University on the north campus.
  • The first game starts Friday at 4:30 pm and there are 4 games Friday. The Tournament continues at 8:00 am and lasts all day long.
fye team
FYE Team

Team Roster:

Corey Hicks

J.J. Johnson

Jesus Garcia

Brian Barret

Mike Rakestraw

Ronnie Iglinski

Reggie Cuthbert

slide7
Each team paid $125.
  • It was a double elimination tournament.
  • The FYE team played 2 games and lost both. However, they played very well.
  • They showed up with good attitudes and played for a very good cause.
it was a hit1
It was a Hit!
  • The Shamrock Tournament was a big hit!
  • Kappa Delta raised a little more than $10,000.
  • A team called Crue won the tournament.
  • They won a $100 dollar gift certificate to Loco’s.
  • Everyone had a great time throughout the day raising money for Prevent Child abuse America!
slide10
Prevent Child Abuse America is a very important cause!
  • It means a lot to me to be a part of something so important. I am very proud of Kappa Delta for doing such a wonderful job putting Shamrock together.
  • Everything ran smoothly and everyone had a great time! I had a wonderful time too! It was a very good feeling when I found out how much money we raised and knowing that I contributed to our philanthropy!