Agenda. Take Notes Collect Map and Map Keys – in basket staple maps 1 st Note Cards. Day 3 Review: . Africa, Imperialism, the Russian Revolution, South Asia & Indian independence, WWI, WWII & the Holocaust .
Download Policy: Content on the Website is provided to you AS IS for your information and personal use and may not be sold / licensed / shared on other websites without getting consent from its author.While downloading, if for some reason you are not able to download a presentation, the publisher may have deleted the file from their server.
Africa, Imperialism, the Russian Revolution, South Asia & Indian independence, WWI, WWII & the Holocaust
Direct democracy – government where people make decisions and rule for themselves (ex. ancient Athens, New England town meetings)
Indirect democracy – government where people elect representatives to rule with their consent (ex. a republic)
AnimismAfrican Culture: Animism
Places toDumpUnwanted/Excess Popul.
Soc. & Eco.Opportunities
1. Abolition: movement to end slavery
2. 1807: End of slave TRADE
3. 1834: Slavery illegal in Great Britain
4. 1865: Slavery illegal in U.S.
5. ****Industrial Revolution: slavery less profitable*****
Effects: Diaspora of West African people
1. 1914 Russia enters WWI- widespread discontent (Causes: economic issues, class issues & famine)
2. Tsar Nicholas II Abdicates- collapse of tsarist regime
3. Provisional Govt. takes control
4. Fall of 1917 Lenin & Bolsheviks
overthrow provisional Gov.t
5. Lenin dies 1924- power struggle- Stalin wins- implements 5- Year Plans, Collectivization, Great Purges
World War I
Jpn continues struggle
The Holocaust- The systematic annihilation of six million Jews