ACTIVE FREE EXERCISES. Definition: Free active exercises are those which are performed by the ptâ€™s own muscular efforts without the assistance or resistance of any external force, other than that of the gravity.
Download Policy: Content on the Website is provided to you AS IS for your information and personal use and may not be sold / licensed / shared on other websites without getting consent from its author.While downloading, if for some reason you are not able to download a presentation, the publisher may have deleted the file from their server.
Free active exercises are those which
are performed by the pt’s own
muscular efforts without the
assistance or resistance of any external
force, other than that of the gravity.
* Active free ex’s can be used to obtain any effects which are produced by ex’s as a whole, if it is performed & used judiciously.
It may be classified according to the extent of the part involved into:
Are designed primarily to produce some local & specific effects.
a. Mobilization of particular joint or
b. Strengthening of particular m. group.
E.g.: Pendulum exs. for the shoulder.
a. Coordination exs.
b. Respiratory exs.
Instructions are given in a manner which will gain the interest & cooperation of the pt.
A- The aim
(strengthening or endurance).
B - The fatigue of the ms.
* The condition which has caused the m weakness must be known & understood as in some conditions m. fatigue can be injurious.
1. Goals of group therapy.
2. Rules of choosing the members of the group.
3. Location of group therapy.
4. Tools used in group therapy.