Interesting facts about Józef Piłsudski. 1. Józef Piłsudski fluently spoke Polish, Russian, French and German. 2. Józef Piłsudski would never fall asleep, unless he had a loaded gun next to him, on his bedside locker. Marshal once shot dead a random man walking outside the window.
Download Policy: Content on the Website is provided to you AS IS for your information and personal use and may not be sold / licensed / shared on other websites without getting consent from its author.While downloading, if for some reason you are not able to download a presentation, the publisher may have deleted the file from their server.
1. Józef Piłsudski fluently spoke Polish, Russian, French and German.
2. Józef Piłsudski would never fall asleep, unless he had a loaded gun next to him, on his bedside locker. Marshal once shot dead a random man walking outside the window.
3. In the 30’s Józef, especially after brain haemorrhage (year 1928), became old looking and hump-backed. Despite that, he walked energetically and in a determined way. He spoke with a firm Vilinous accent.
4. Marshal changed his religious belief twice even though he was a very religious man.
5. Piłsudski walked a lot, especially alone at the Łazienki Park. He did not wish to see a single police officer during his walks.
6. Józef didn’t care about life luxuries. He donated lots of his wealth to charity.
7. It was easy to see his attitude towards a person by paying attention to his choice of words. The nicest way he called some people was ‘my child’, a storm was about to begin when he asked about their military rank or called someone ‘miss/mister’.
8. Marshal really liked working during night. Usually he would dictate a text to his wife and walk around the room.
9. He didn’t like parties and balls, he felt uncomfortable in salons. He enjoyed playing solitaire, especially pyramids, which was called Piłsudski Solitaire before the war began.
10. Piłsudski had a great sense of humour and was able to laugh at himself. He also liked caricatures about himself.
11. Józef smoked a lot of ‘Marszałkowskie’ cigarettes, produced especially for him.
12. He ate and drank carelessly, which can be observed by taking a look at his preserved uniforms.
13. He drank vast amount of strong tea, but he didn’t really like coffee.
14. For the 90th anniversary of Polish independence, a special 10zł note, with Marshal Piłsudski’s picture on it, was produced in a number of 80,000.
15. Józef Piłsudski didn't drink alcohol - the only time he drank was name-day, which was celebrated really loudly.
16. He was married twice. At first with Maria Juszkiewicz and then with Aleksandra Szczerbińska.
17. He became a father at the age of 50. He had two daughters Wanda and Jadwiga with Aleksandra Szczerbińska. In the summer time he taught them to swim and row.
18. When a soldier shot in the leg screamed, Józef said ,,why are you screaming, just leg? See the other guy? His head was ripped off and he doesn't scream about such a nonsense".
19. Aleksanda Piłsudska said that before Józef was going to go to Madera in 1931 for a vaccation, she prepared a luggage filled with healthy food for her husband as the doctors told her to. When the train drove off Marshall waved at his wife with a smoked loin, which he loved.
22. Józef as a young man liked to read historic works, dedicated to wars and fights analysis, especially Napoleon. He also loved Polish romantic poems, he was passionate about Słowacki.
23. Marshall was always very polite and elegant towards women. Apparently he confined to his beloved women about his dreams and plans.
20. In 1936 his heart was put into his mothers grave at Rossa in Vilno and his body in crypt under The Tower of Silver Bells in Wawel.
21. Marshall died in Warsaw's Belweder in 9th anniversary of May assassination. The cause of death was cancer.