Automotive Batteries. Automotive Batteries. WHAT AND AUTOMTIVE BATTERY DOES A battery supplies power to the starter and ignition system to start the engine. A battery also supplies the extra power necessary when the vehicle's electrical load exceeds the supply from the charging system. .
1. What supplies power to the ignition and the starting system
2. What component acts as a voltage stabilizer in the electrical system?
3. How many cell is in an automotive battery
4. Each cell of an automotive battery will supply how many volts?
5. A mixture of sulfuric acid and water is called:
6. There is how many elements element per battery cell?
7. A battery must have ______________ to conduct electricity.
8. Most automotive battery containers and their covers are made of:
9. After a battery is made its is:
10. A _________ supplies the extra power necessary when the vehicle's electrical load exceeds the supply from the charging system.
1. You can recharge a discharged battery by:
2. Technician A says a fully charge battery should have a specific gravity of:
3. What tool is used to measure battery specific gravity?
4. Electrolyte is a mixture of sulfuric acid and _____________ :
5. This unique process of discharging and charging a lead-acid battery is called:
Battery are rated in both cold cranking amps and reserve capacity.
Cold Cranking Amps is the amount of amperage a battery can supply at 0 Degrees while maintaining 9.6 volts for 30 seconds
Reserve capacity: The amount of time a battery can supply 10 volts at 25 amps when not being charged