Information Risk Management Key Component for HIPAA Security Compliance. Ann Geyer Tunitas Group 209-754-9130 [email protected] www.tunitas.com. Federal Law Mandates Security Controls for Health Information. HIPAA Statutory Requirement -- 1996 General requirement to safeguard all PHI
Download Policy: Content on the Website is provided to you AS IS for your information and personal use and may not be sold / licensed / shared on other websites without getting consent from its author.While downloading, if for some reason you are not able to download a presentation, the publisher may have deleted the file from their server.
Covered Entities must:
1. Ensure the confidentiality, integrity [authenticity], and availability of all electronic protected health information (EPHI) the CE creates, receives, maintains, or transmits
2. Protectagainst any reasonably anticipatedthreats or hazards to the security or integrity [authenticity] of EPHI
3. Protect against any reasonably anticipated uses or disclosures of EPHI that are prohibited by the HIPAA Privacy Rule
4. Ensure compliance by the workforce
5. Audit and/or Re-assessment