Welcome to Creating Your Six-Year Plan Class of 2018. Why does my child need a six year plan?. An opportunity to have an overview of your child’s secondary education. Time to plan for taking the required classes and the electives.
Download Policy: Content on the Website is provided to you AS IS for your information and personal use and may not be sold / licensed / shared on other websites without getting consent from its author.While downloading, if for some reason you are not able to download a presentation, the publisher may have deleted the file from their server.
WE HAVE GONE GREEN
Speech & Drama
Spanish I, II & III*
Art I*Electives in Junior High* indicates a class that will give the student high school credit
Electives are unique to each Junior High. Please attend the Parent Meeting on March 6 @ 6:30 for more information.
Pre-AP Social Studies, Science, Math, and/or English:
* 7th grade: 707 Scale Score on TAKS reading (5th grade TAKS)
* 7th grade: 692 Scale Score on Math TAKS test (5th grade TAKS)
* 7th grade: must have an 85 average in core area in 6th grade
Pre-qualifying conditions for Algebra:
(Student must meet criteria below)
* Students must qualify for GT Math
Foreign Language Guiding Criteria:
Pre-qualifying conditions for 7th graders taking Spanish I:
* 707 Scale Score on TAKS reading (5th grade TAKS)
* 85 in 6th grade ELA
· Prior to taking the course, students and parents at all grade levels will sign an AP/Pre-AP Agreement which explains the rigor and expectations required.
· If the student does not have a 70 average, the campus principal may consider
extenuating circumstances and allow the student to continue in the course for the
second semester on a probationary status
Recommended High School Plan (RHSP) or
Distinguished Achievement Plan (DAP).
1. A grade of 70 or higher
2. Your attendance ~ you must attend 90% of the time each semester.
~ Requirement: 4 years
~ The sequence is:
English - Freshman (9th grade)
English II - Sophomore (10th grade)
English III - Junior (11th grade)
English IV - Senior (12th grade)
~ The English sequence will be the same for everyone. The only time this sequence will vary is if a student takes English in summer school or doubles up on their English classes. For example in 11th grade they take English III AND English IV.
Geometry Math Models
Select from a list offered by the district
Any science class taken beyond this requirement will be an elective credit (anatomy & physiology, geology, oceanography, astronomy or scientific research & design).
World Geography - Freshman (9th grade)
World History - Sophomore (10th grade)
U.S. History - Junior (11th grade)
Government (1 semester) OR
Honors Government (1 semester or 1 year)
1 semester = Adv. Economics
1 year = Honors Economics
2 years for RHSP
3 years for DAP
Computer Science (10, 11 & 12 grade)
Digital & Interactive Media
* Communications Application
* Professional Communication
3.5 for RHSP
2.5 for DAP