Customer relationship. LEARNING OBJECTIVES. Identify the distinguishing characteristics of services. Discuss the characteristics of good customer service. Describe the standard for the evaluation of services. Describe service
Download Policy: Content on the Website is provided to you AS IS for your information and personal use and may not be sold / licensed / shared on other websites without getting consent from its author.While downloading, if for some reason you are not able to download a presentation, the publisher may have deleted the file from their server.
(1) Arrival variability—customers do not want service at times convenient for the company or in a steady, predictable pattern.
(2) request variability—customers’ desires are not standard
(3) capability variability—customers’ own abilities to contribute to the service process vary (e.g., a visually impaired patient who requires training on the use of a nebulizer)
(4) effort variability—how much energy will the customer expend to facilitate the service encounter (e.g., will the customer call the doctor ahead of time and provide updated insurance information),
(5) subjective variability—customers vary in their opinion as to what it means to be treated well
(1) Rewards based on the organization’s performance,
(2) Information and Knowledge that allows employees to understand and contribute to organizational performance
(3) Power to make decisions that influence organizational direction and performance
services are evaluated by the customer on the difference in expectations for the service versus the perception of that service
Catastrophic errors are defined as causing severe damage to a patient that is not easily reversed
Describe an incident where you experienced service that was particularly good. What made it so?