Loading in 2 Seconds...
Loading in 2 Seconds...
Alliance Discussion with Office of AIDS: November 2008. HIV/AIDS Surveillance Surveillance overview HIV Incidence Surveillance Second Surveillance Stakeholder meeting Website Update. OA Focus: Enhancing HIV/AIDS Surveillance. Core Surveillance Incidence Surveillance.
Download Policy: Content on the Website is provided to you AS IS for your information and personal use and may not be sold / licensed / shared on other websites without getting consent from its author.While downloading, if for some reason you are not able to download a presentation, the publisher may have deleted the file from their server.
1) CDPH/OA - Talking Points - MMWR, October 3, 2008 - HIV Prevalence Estimates (PDF, New Window)
CDC released estimates of HIV prevalence in the U.S. through 2006, including estimates of the numbers of individuals who are unaware of their HIV infection.
2) CDPH/OA Talking Points - HIV Prevalence Estimates of California, 2008 (PDF, New Window)
Describes CDPH/OA's recent estimates of current and projected HIV prevalence in California.
3) Estimated Persons Living with HIV (not AIDS) and Persons Living with AIDS in California, 2006-2020 (PDF, New Window) Table showing CDPH/OA's recent estimates of current and projected HIV prevalence in California.
1) CDPH/OA - Talking Points - Journal of the American Medical Association Article on National HIV Incidence Estimates (August 3, 2008) (PDF, New Window)
Describes revised estimates of HIV incidence nationally based upon new testing and statistical methods.
2) CDPH/OA - Talking Points - Morbidity and Mortality Weekly Report - September 12, 2008 - Subpopulation Estimates from the HIV Incidence Surveillance System, United States, 2006 (PDF, New Window)
Report from the Centers for Disease Control and Prevention in its recent series on revised HIV incidence estimates and HIV testing patterns.
1) CDPH/OA - Talking Points - Persons Tested for HIV - United States, 2006, Morbidity and Mortality Weekly Report, August 8, 2008 (PDF, New Window)
Describes HIV testing patterns nationally and encourages adoption of 2006 CDC recommendations to increase HIV testing in Medical settings.
2) CDPH/OA Talking Points - Trends in HIV Diagnoses among Men Who Have Sex with Men - 33 States, 2001-2006, Morbidity and Mortality Weekly Report, June 27, 2008, (PDF, New Window) Describes stable or decreasing new HIV and AIDS diagnosis rates nationally among most behavioral risk groups, with the exception of men who have sex with men.
Remnant HIV+ Serum
STARHS Testing using BED Assay
Testing and Treatment History
HIV Incidence Estimation
Web-CMR and eHARS
HIV Incidence Surveillance
1st: April 9-10, 2008
Purpose: Provide opportunity for consensus-building discussion regarding current and future HIV reporting policies and regulations
LHDs (incl. CCLAD, CCLHO)
Health care providers
Service organizations serving HIV-positive patients
Workgroup #1: Data Transmission Issues
Workgroup #2: Centralized Laboratory Reporting
Workgroup #3: Considerations Regarding Possible Uses of HIV/AIDS Data for Public Health Purposes
eg Partner Services, case management
Next Meeting December 3, 2008