VCE GEOGRAPHY. UNIT 3- REGIONAL RESOURCES Outcome 1: Use and Management of an Australian water Resource. The Study Design. What is required when teaching Unit 3? Unit 3 investigates the characteristics of resources and the concept of region.
Download Policy: Content on the Website is provided to you AS IS for your information and personal use and may not be sold / licensed / shared on other websites without getting consent from its author.While downloading, if for some reason you are not able to download a presentation, the publisher may have deleted the file from their server.
UNIT 3- REGIONAL RESOURCES
Outcome 1: Use and Management of an Australian water Resource
…So too does its use and management
- This area of study focuses on water as a resource in Australia, with specific application to the region of the Murray Darling Basin
- Wateris a critical resources on the earth’s second driest continent
- You will understand the context of debates over the variations in the supply, distribution and demand for water
- In the regional context of the MDB, the study focuses on the source, availability, distribution and utilisation of water
- Area of study one will also examine the dynamic nature of the relationships and interactions between natural processes and human activities
- You will study a variety of management responses and evaluate strategies designed to achieve sustainable development
-You will be able to develop an understanding of a significant resource and the concept of region, and develop a regional perspective in determining the availability, utilisation and sustainability of a resource.