The OMA XML Document Management (XDM)Enabler Nurhayati 20081256003
Outline • Introduction • The OMA XDM Architecture • Introduction • XDM Client (XDMC) • Aggregation Proxy • Shared XDMS and Basic Introduction to URI Lists • External Enabler-specific Entities involved in the XDM Architecture
Introduction • OMA • PoC standardization by created PoCWorking Group: mid-2003 • Presence & Availability Group (PAG WG): late 2003 • To leverage IETF & 3GPP/3GPP2 work in Presence area • To def a new mobile standard to exchange dynamic info. • Ex: user status, location & capabilities. • To manage groups, or lists of users & contacts. • To develop two group management functionalities, PoC & Presence • Created Group Management Work Item to def a common Group Management enabler: late 2003 / early 2004 • Provideda common framework to support : • several app & service enabler extend core functionality. • Renamed Group Management work into ‘XML Document Management (XDM) Enabler’: mid-2004
Introduction(cont.) • XML Document Management(XDM) is : • OMA spec for accessing & manipulating XML doc stored in networked doc repositories. • Specification is based on • IETF XML Config Access Protocol (XCAP) & enables manipulation of XML elements & attributes in XML doc. • XDM architecture, provides: • Group Management, Policy & Access Control • (ex:Presence& PoC) • XDM activities • to ensure timely availability • XDM enabler • PoC users: create, modify, retrieve & delete XML doc • XML doc used: • to support app-specific : • definition of PoC groups, • PoC policies • Presence lists
Introduction (cont.) PoC group (eg. Owned by Joe-sip: firstname.lastname@example.org), the groups has group name (sip:email@example.com). two members in the group: 1. telephone number (+43012345678), 2. associated SIP URI (sip:firstname.lastname@example.org)
2. The OMA XDM Architecture • Introduction • XDM’s main purposes are defining arch. : • servers storing XML docs, • mechanismsto communicateinf. in XML docs • XML doc contain: • access control lists, • PoCgroups or • Presence subscription lists.
2. OMA XDM Architecture (cont) XDMS stores XML doc manages XML stored Shared XDMS- other XDMS - end user(create, retrieve, modify, delete app) authenticating the XCAP user to XDMC- XDMS • 3 main elements build up the core of the system: • the Shared XDM Server (XDMS) • the XDM Client (XDMC) • the Aggregation Proxy.
2. OMA XDM Architecture (cont) • 3 main logical functions OMA XDM: • XDMS stores XML doc (e.g. PoC, Presence, Msg). • XDMC manages XML stored in Shared XDMS, send other XDMS to end user (create, retrieve, modify, delete app) • Agg Proxy is: • charge of authenticating the XCAP user, to comm in XDMC - XDMS • collects agginfo. prior to XDMC & across diff XDMS
2. OMA XDM Architecture (cont) • Goal XDM architecture is • Provide a framework to users manage XML doc , • Define settings policies. • XDM enabler connected to ‘real’ SIP • Ex: PoC, Presence or SIP/SIMPLE Msg. • XDMS shared across diff SIP app. • (e.g. def PoC group & desc a Presence policy doc used XML doc) • General: SIP service app XCAP/XDMS, manages app-XML doc. • Particular: OMA def. service enablers (e.g. PoC, Presence, SIMPLE Msg) desc enabler-specific XDMS function.
2. OMA XDM Architecture (cont) B. XDM Client (XDMC) • End user support a SIP app (e.g. a PoC client) implement XDMC function & manage XML doc 1. XCAP Document Management Operations • XDMC : • Implement XCAP protocol(create, retrieve, modify, delete) XML doc stored in XDMS • (e.g. Shared XDMS, PoC XDMS). • access to USIM/ISIM to retrieve authentication data & credentials. • implemented in a cell device (e.g. a PoC handset) , XDMC –Agg Proxy
2. OMA XDM Architecture (cont) 2. Subscription to Changes in XML Documents (Withdrawn) • OMA XDM : • mechanism XDMC to changes in XML docs stored in XDMS • Idea : real-time updates to subscribing clients or servers, of modif XML doc (e.g. PoC server hosting a Pre-Arranged PoC Group, to changes PoC group doc) 3. XDMC Implementation • XDMC is logical function implemented in diff ways. • General: cellular handsets support PoCcomm include XDMC module, end users manage PoC groups & access policies (e.g. PoC black lists).
Implement XCAP protocol Support access : ISIM/ XCAP GUI as rule • modify an XML doc (e.g. add new contact to PoC group)
2. OMA XDM Architecture (cont) C. Aggregation Proxy • Support XCAP user authentication XML doc stored in XDM environment. • Provide XCAP msg routing: XDMC - XDMS • Support Agg info from XDMS to XDMC D. Shared XDMS and Basic Introduction to URI Lists • main purpose XDMS is to store URI Lists. • URI List is • an XML doc contains a list of SIP URIs, TEL URIs (TELephone Uniform Resource Identifier) or a mix of SIP URIs &TEL URIs3.
2. OMA XDM Architecture (cont) • list contains three <entry> XML elements: • two SIP URIs & one TEL URI. • elements contain the optional <display-name> element. • list is called ‘close friends’, includes a list-wide display name as well. • URI list stored in a XML doc located in Shared XDMS
2. OMA XDM Architecture (cont) E. External Enabler-specific Entities involved in the XDM Architecture 1. Enabler-specific XDMS • XCAP app to support users managing service data & settings ex: PoC service def 2 new XCAP app: PoC groups & PoC user access policy 2. Enabler Server • Set of ref points connect enabler server with XDM arch. • XML doc stored in XDMS ( service policies & conf. ) • Logical app server to retrieve XML doc to apply policies & settings 3. SIP/IP Core • function is used OMA XDM enabler , • SIP user authentication, • provided external platform
The End Any Questions?