ADASTRA. IT success story. Exercise 1. BEFORE YOU WATCH. 1. Do you own a computer or do you have to share it? Are there any problems connected with it? 2. Would you prefer to have a laptop, a desktop computer or digital device? What are the pros and cons?
Download Policy: Content on the Website is provided to you AS IS for your information and personal use and may not be sold / licensed / shared on other websites without getting consent from its author.While downloading, if for some reason you are not able to download a presentation, the publisher may have deleted the file from their server.
IT success story
1.Do you own a computer or do you have to share it? Are there any problems connected with it?2.Would you prefer to have a laptop, a desktop computer or digital device? What are the pros and cons?
3. What kind of software applications do you use most often? What do you need them for?
4.Could you imagine your life without a computer? What would be the biggest problems?
Are these statements TRUE or FALSE?
1. ADASTRA providesprofessionalservices in thefieldofinformation management.
2. Thecompanyusesonlyother software programs in its business services.
3. Itis a niche market to detectwhatthe software market hasn’tresponded to yet and developnew software programsthat do.
4. Thecompanyinvested in theirown technology and started a software companycalled ATACAMA to developnew software and licensesfor data quality and management.
5. TERADATA isADASTRA’s most significant technology partner.
Listen and fill in the gaps
Match the following English expressions with their Czech equivalent
hasn’t responded yet.“
Which of the following expressions could substitute for the word yet in the phrase above? A) so far B) until now C) already
2. Answer the following questions negatively using the word yet:
A) Have you finished your lunch?
B) Has she arrived?
C) Have you talked to her today?
D) Have they sold their house yet?
3. Now answer the same questions positively using the word already. What position in the sentence will it take?
4. Write four sentences about things you haven’t done yet and four sentences about things you have already done today.
What’s your opinion about social networks? Are you signed up for Facebook or Twitter? Do you belong to other social networks? Why or Why not?
Are you good at IT? How did you learn your skills? Are you able to develop your computer skills at school? What could be improved? What programs do you know and use? Have you ever tried programming? Would you like to work as an IT specialist?
3. RESEARCH AND REPORT
Search the Internet to find as much information about TERRADATA, ORACLE and INFORMATIKA as possible. Divide the work among three groups. Prepare a short visual and verbal presentation of the results of your research for the class.