Biological approach to addiction. Answer the following questions:. 1. Name two parts of the brain nicotine affects. 2. Identify the neurotransmitter involved in the pleasurable response to smoking. 3. Explain how smoking is maintained through withdrawal.
Download Policy: Content on the Website is provided to you AS IS for your information and personal use and may not be sold / licensed / shared on other websites without getting consent from its author.While downloading, if for some reason you are not able to download a presentation, the publisher may have deleted the file from their server.
1. Name two parts of the brain nicotine affects.
2. Identify the neurotransmitter involved in the pleasurable response to smoking.
3. Explain how smoking is maintained through withdrawal.
4. Why does biochemistry lead to smokers relapsing?
5. Identify the gene linked with smoking.
6. What did Grant et al (1998) find?
7. Outline gambling withdrawal symptoms.
8. Name 3 chemicals involved in gambling.
9. Name one study which supports the biological model of gambling.
10. What did Caveldini et al (2002) find?
(4 + 4 marks)
How much time would you spend on this answer?
What information would you include?
What is the balance of AO1 and AO2?
1. Research studies
2. Issues in psychological research (method, animals, gender, ethics, culture)
4. Alternative models
5. Practical application (e.g. treatments)