http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=Li5nMsXg1Lk. The Brain. Review Questions. 1) Which brain imaging technique injects a substance in order to view active areas of the brain because of glucose or oxygen consumption? PET Scan
Download Policy: Content on the Website is provided to you AS IS for your information and personal use and may not be sold / licensed / shared on other websites without getting consent from its author.While downloading, if for some reason you are not able to download a presentation, the publisher may have deleted the file from their server.
1) Which brain imaging technique injects a substance in order to view active areas of the brain because of glucose or oxygen consumption?
2) Which brain imaging technique graphs brain waves and is mostly used for sleep research?
3) Which brain imaging technique combines cross-sectional x-rays to view the structure of the brain?
5) Too little of this NT is associated with anxiety disorders?
6) Too little of this NT is associated with Alzheimer’s
7) Too little of this NT is associated with depression?
Serotonin (or norephinephrine)
8) Too much of this NT is associated with schizophrenia?
Integrates types of sensory info and muscle movements
Relays sensory info from the body to parts of the brain
Emotional responses, particularly aggression; attention to novel stimuli
Maintains homeostasis: regulates body temperature, hunger, thirst, blood pressure, hormones, etc.
Formation of memories
“Master gland” – secretes hormones
Surface of brain, two hemispheres, thinking & language
Logic, language, math, details
Visual-spatial tasks, creativity (art & music)
Thick bundle of fibers which connects the two hemispheres
Speaking, voluntary movement, judgment, planning, personality
Located at the rear of the brain
Involved in the reception and interpretation of visual information
Located on the side, slightly above ears
Involved in reception and interpretation of auditory stimuli
Somatosensory Cortex: Front of parietal lobes, process body touch & movement sensations
Physical production of speech
Inability to physically speak words
Comprehension of language
Inability to understand language/words
Which brain imaging technique involves the person lying in a magnetic field while radio waves detect changes in blood flow?
Right vision field is connected to the left hemisphere. Left vision field is connected to the right hemisphere.