BIOL22332/20972 GENETICS / Dev.Biol RSM MODULE 3. The University of Manchester. Faculty of Life Sciences. Embedding, documentation & filing. Experimental background. What is lacZ?. The lac operon of E. coli. β -Gal expressing fly lines. X-lacZ. enhancer constructs.
Download Policy: Content on the Website is provided to you AS IS for your information and personal use and may not be sold / licensed / shared on other websites without getting consent from its author.While downloading, if for some reason you are not able to download a presentation, the publisher may have deleted the file from their server.
GENETICS / Dev.Biol RSM
What is lacZ?
The lac operon of E. coli
enhancer trap lines
wing, haltere, 3rd leg
1st & 2nd leg
- transfer larval preparations to a drop of glycerol on a slide
- dissect leg and wing discs away and separate on one side of the drop
- place 40 μl droplet of glycerol on a fresh (frosted) slide
- transfer discs with one shank of the forceps (2-5 wing and 2-5 leg discs)
- put on cover slip (see image)
- seal all around the cover slip with nail varnish
L3, genotype B
arrow: wing margin
arrow head: wing hinge
Draw as many of the various genetic strains as possible to have material for the assessed task, i.e. composing a figure and its legend
'A' to 'B'
use little contrast
'C' to 'D'
'B' to 'C'