Random indexing: On space and meaning. Simon Belak. Order of the day. Meaning Philosophy Neuroscience Computer science Space Words as points in space On dimensionality Random indexing. What’s the meaning of meaning ?. Philosophers say:. “Meaning just is use.” – Wittgenstein.
Download Policy: Content on the Website is provided to you AS IS for your information and personal use and may not be sold / licensed / shared on other websites without getting consent from its author.While downloading, if for some reason you are not able to download a presentation, the publisher may have deleted the file from their server.
“Meaning just is use.”
(concrete event abstract concept)
1.a. An article of furniture supported by one or more vertical legs and having a flat horizontal surface.
b. The objects laid out for a meal on this article of furniture.
2. The food and drink served at meals; fare: kept an excellent table.
3. The company of people assembled around a table, as for a meal.
4A plateau or tableland.
5. a. A flat facet cut across the top of a precious stone.
b. A stone or gem cut in this fashion.
a.The front part of the body of a stringed instrument.
b.The sounding board of a harp.
a.A raised or sunken rectangular panel on a wall.
b.A raised horizontal surface or continuous band on an exterior wall; a stringcourse.
8. A part of the human palm framed by four lines, analyzed in palmistry.
9. An orderly arrangement of data, especially one in which the data are arranged in columns and rows in an essentially rectangular form.
10. An abbreviated list, as of contents; a synopsis.
11. An engraved slab or tablet bearing an inscription or a device.
12. Anatomy The inner or outer flat layer of bones of the skull separated by the dipole.
amazing, stupefying, staggering, awesome, awful,awe-inspiring,awing,astonishing, astounding
Episodic memory (2) + Hebbian process (3)
(a small number of randomly distributed +1s and -1s)