Global Outsourcing of software and services: The Indian experience Professor S.Krishna IIM Bangalore. Strengths ( Generally written about ). Prevalence of English Language Large technologically educated, inexpensive manpower Diaspora links
Download Policy: Content on the Website is provided to you AS IS for your information and personal use and may not be sold / licensed / shared on other websites without getting consent from its author.While downloading, if for some reason you are not able to download a presentation, the publisher may have deleted the file from their server.
Theory of Action
Organizational Relationships &Alliances
Identity and Action Relationships
Commence Globtel work in India
Self Reliant Exploration
Startup in Silicon Valley
‘Unleashing India’s Creativity’
Make the right connection
Longitudinal Study Period
Milestones in Organizational Transformation of SRS
Greater process discipline leads to improved quality for Global software Work.
Work by Oracle, Intel and TI is at the forefront of Technology; Bio-Tech, Space Technology, R& D, Design - GE, Daimler-Benz, Motorola
Journals and Book chapters
1. Managing Cross Cultural issues in Global Software Outsourcing.
(With Prof. Geoff Walsham, Cambridge University and Prof. Sundeep Sahay, Oslo University), Accepted for Publication by Communications of the ACM
2. 'Synching' or Sinking: Trajectories and Strategies in Global Software Outsourcing Relationships
( With Richard Heeks, Brian Nicholson and Sundeep Sahay)
IEEE Software, Journal of IEEE Computer Society USA, Vol 10, No 2,March 2001, pp 54-61.
3. Software Work Across Borders: Discovering Identity Through High Technology And Global Alliances
(With Sundeep Sahay, University of Oslo) Under review by MIS Quarterly
4. The Ontology of Space and Place in Global Software Work Arrangements: A dialectical perspective
( with Prof Sundeep Sahay)submitted to the Journal Information and Organizations
Competitive Advantage in the Software Industry: An Analysis of the Indian Experience
Chapter in the book titled- “ Information Technology in Context: Implementing Systems in the developing World” edited by Avgerou and G. Walsham, Ashgate Publishing, UK, 2001
6. 'Originative' Innovation and Entrepreneurship in the Information Technology
industry in India ( with Abhoy K. Ojha)
Chapter in E.Sridharan (Ed.) Context of Innovation India:The case of the Information Technology Industry, to be published by Palgrave, U.K.
7.The Process of Building Global Software Outsourcing Relationships: TheExperience of a Multinational Vendor with Indian Contractors.
(With M. Barrett, S. Sahay & B.Hinings) Presented at the International Conference on Information Systems (ICIS`97), Atlanta, Georgia, USA, December 1997
8. Influence of geographic dispersion on control and coordination approaches for management of software development projects(with Rajeev Sharma)
Information Resources Management Association Global Conference, PhiladelphiaMay 2003
9. Structuring Coordination and Communication in Global Software Work: A Case Study (with Rajeev Sharma
International Federation for Information Processing 8.2 and 9.4 Joint Conference, Athens, Greece June 2003
10.Cultural Imperatives of Global Software Development- Presented at the Beijing Conference on Managing Global Business in the Internet Ageheld at Beijing, China, May 2000.
11. Requirements Engineering: Problem Domain Knowledge Capture and DeliberationProcess Support(with Sudeep Mallick) First International Workshop on the Requirements Engineering Process. Milan, Italy, September 1999.
12. Creating the Global Manager: Understanding Identity as a Processes ofTranslation(With Sundeep Sahay), Presented at the IRIS Conference, Uddevala, Sweden, August 2000.
13. Competitive Advantage in the Software Industry: An Analysis of the IndianExperience
(With Abhoy Ojha and Michael Barrett), Proceedings of the IFIP 9.4 conference on “Information Technology in Context”, at Bangkok, June 1998
14.Work Practices and Local Improvisations with Global Software teams: A case study of UK Subsidiary in India
(With Brian Nicholson and Sundeep Sahay) Proceedings of IFIP 9.4 conference on “Information flows, Local Improvisations and Work Practises” held at Cape town, May 2000. Proceedings of the IFIP 9.4 conference on “Information Technology in Context”, Cape Town, May 2000