Drug Free Workplace. The Facts About Drugs. 1. 6% of the population over 12 years old has used drugs in the past 30 days. 2. 73% of all current drug users aged 18 and older are employed.
PowerPoint Slideshow about 'Drug Free Workplace' - albert
An Image/Link below is provided (as is) to download presentation
Download Policy: Content on the Website is provided to you AS IS for your information and personal use and may not be sold / licensed / shared on other websites without getting consent from its author.While downloading, if for some reason you are not able to download a presentation, the publisher may have deleted the file from their server.
1. It should include an explanation of why you are implementing the program. An important consideration may be the safety of your employees, customers, and the general public. Other reasons may include health of employees, productivity, public liability, and legal requirements.
2. The policy should have a clear description of substance abuse related behaviors that are prohibited. At a minimum this should include the use, possession, and transfer or sale of illegal drugs. Unacceptable behavior also may include employees under the influence of alcohol or other drugs while at work.
1. Contact companies in your area that provide employee drug assistance programs and learn about their programs – what they offer, how the service is provided, the costs, and more importantly the results.
2. Find out if there are groups or organizations that can assist you with your EAP.
1. An employer wanting to acknowledge compliance with a drug free workplace can submit an application to the Arkansas Workers’ Compensation Commission.- The division will notify the employer of their acceptance.
2. The division will review the application and notify the employer of any deficiencies that must be corrected.
A small plumbing company in Washington DC saved $385,000 in one year by establishing a drug free work place through decreased accidents, lower workers’ comp premiums, and lower vehicle insurance premiums.
A mechanical contractor in Florida is saving $100,000 a year on their workers’ Comp insurance by implementing a drug free work place.
A landscaping company in Arizona saved $50,000 due to increased productivity, fewer accidents, less absenteeism, and lower employee turnover.