Corporate Social Responsibility: An Appeal to Enlightened Self-Interest. CLARG Seminar 24 May 2007 Peter Seidel Partner, Public Interest Law Arnold Bloch Leibler Lawyers and Advisers. Definition and presentation summary. No single definition exists.
Download Policy: Content on the Website is provided to you AS IS for your information and personal use and may not be sold / licensed / shared on other websites without getting consent from its author.While downloading, if for some reason you are not able to download a presentation, the publisher may have deleted the file from their server.
24 May 2007
Partner, Public Interest Law
Arnold Bloch Leibler Lawyers and Advisers
‘Act In The Best Interests Of The Company’
s180 CA - Care, Diligence and Skill (“the business judgement rule”)
s181 CA - Good Faith
Upshot of CA and Common Law Duties
Discrete legislation and policy
- environmental laws;
- minimum rates of pay;
- occupational health and safety;
- anti-discrimination; and
CSR Reporting under ASX principles
- Applies to publicly listed companies.
- Guide for corporate governance practice.
- The Age and SMH have a Good Reputation Index, measuring the performance of Australia’s top 100 largest companies on management and ethics, employee relations and social and environmental impacts etc.
But if public and private companies
- Work treated, performed, credited in same way as paid work
- Client, not matter, focussed
- Relationships, commitment driven
- Clear support of firm’s leaders
- Full time, partner co-ordinator
- Clear policy, guidelines