Faculty of Allied Medical Science. Blood Banking (MLBB 201). HEMOLYTIC DISEASE OF THE NEWBORN Prof . Dr Nadia A. Sadek Prof. in Hematology, Head of Blood Bank, MRI. Learning outcome. This lecture will enable the students to:- Recognize HDN, its presentation and complications
Download Policy: Content on the Website is provided to you AS IS for your information and personal use and may not be sold / licensed / shared on other websites without getting consent from its author.While downloading, if for some reason you are not able to download a presentation, the publisher may have deleted the file from their server.
Blood Banking (MLBB 201)
Prof. Dr Nadia A. Sadek
Prof. in Hematology, Head of Blood Bank, MRI
This lecture will enable the students to:-
It is a condition in which the life span of the fetal/neonatal red cells is shortened due to maternal alloantibodies against red cell antigens acquired from the father.
- Rate of rise of antibody
- Past history of immunization
- Presence of blocking antibodies.
- Routine administration of 500iu of anti-D to all Rh-negative mothers within 72 hours of delivery of an Rh-positive infant.
- Detection and quantitation of fetal red cells in maternal blood sample taken within 1 hour after delivery by Kleinhauer acid-elution test.
- Determine the Rh status of the mother
- Indirect Coombs on the mother’s serum to detect sensitization.
- Give anti D at 28 weeks (time of starting fetal D antigen expression)
- Give another dose at 34 weeks (risk of fetomaternalhaemorrhage)
- A final dose after the baby is born
سيد احمد كمال